Renovated Poly Hotel Side Flip over Sofa Beds?

JayMass

Dis Dad #871 Disney Deadhead
Curious how big the flip over sofa beds are in the newly renovated Poly rooms. Are they big enough for a 6 foot tall person or would that be a bit cramped? Thanks!

Last edited:
Curious how big the pull down beds are in the newly renovated Poly rooms. Are they big enough for a 6 foot tall person or would that be a bit cramped? Thanks!
If you're talking about the new DVC rooms, which haven't been finished yet, they look like the pull down murphy beds that they have in all the new renovated/new DVC rooms which are (from what I can tell and have experienced) full size queen beds. My husband is over 6ft tall and fit on the one at Riviera just fine.

If you're talking about the new DVC rooms, which haven't been finished yet, they look like the pull down murphy beds that they have in all the new renovated/new DVC rooms which are (from what I can tell and have experienced) full size queen beds. My husband is over 6ft tall and fit on the one at Riviera just fine.

No, I was asking about the new Moana themed standard non-DVC rooms that have two queen beds and couch conversion type bed. Have they started renovating the DVC rooms? DW, DD, DS, and I are all over or close to 6 feet tall and we want a single room at the Poly. This past year we stayed in Swan Alcove room with a pull-out and a roll-away which suited us fine but we are all smitten with the Poly and after several years of staying at different resorts we want to pull the trigger on the Poly.

No, I was asking about the new Moana themed standard non-DVC rooms that have two queen beds and couch conversion type bed. Have they started renovating the DVC rooms? DW, DD, DS, and I are all over or close to 6 feet tall and we want a single room at the Poly. This past year we stayed in Swan Alcove room with a pull-out and a roll-away which suited us fine but we are all smitten with the Poly and after several years of staying at different resorts we want to pull the trigger on the Poly.
It's not really a pull down bed, as my friend that was just there called it a "flip out" sofa, if they can lay on a sofa long way (like how you might take a nap on the couch at home) then they can fit on the bed is what my friend just told me, but if their feet kinda hang off the end or they're scrunched up then they won't fit well. I know I would fit fine (but I'm short) but my husband would probably have his fet up on the arm rest on the end all night. It's the length of what she would consider a regular length sofa, and in fitting with other sofas in rooms across WDW.

It's not really a pull down bed, as my friend that was just there called it a "flip out" sofa.

You are 100% correct. I should have titled this thread differently! I've watched a few videos but I can't really get a perspective. I'm hoping somebody my size has tried it out!

FYI, I changed the thread title to avoid the inevitable confusion the term “pull down” will cause, since that is what is currently being installed for the DVC-side refurb. For the hotel side rooms, most will call those a flipover day bed, flipover sofa, or similar terminology.

So my friends husband is just over 6ft tall (like 6’1”-6’2”, slightly shorter than my husband), had to wait for him to get home from work to answer any inquiries about it. He said it would be kinda tight, could do it in a pinch, but he wouldn’t want to do it for a whole trip. He said it’s also not very wide, definitely smaller than a twin.

FYI, I changed the thread title to avoid the inevitable confusion the term “pull down” will cause, since that is what is currently being installed for the DVC-side refurb. For the hotel side rooms, most will call those a flipover day bed, flipover sofa, or similar terminology.

Thank You!!

So my friends husband is just over 6ft tall (like 6’1”-6’2”, slightly shorter than my husband), had to wait for him to get home from work to answer any inquiries about it. He said it would be kinda tight, could do it in a pinch, but he wouldn’t want to do it for a whole trip. He said it’s also not very wide, definitely smaller than a twin.

Thank you. This is exactly the type of info I'm looking for. Seems like 6 nights on that bed might be tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter