Rental Car for March

greenclan67

Callie35
Hey guys, we are going from March 7th to the 18th, 2011. Has anybody got good prices for that time of year yet? I know the discounts and stuff aren't out yet, so hoping there is some come Nov/Dec! RIght now, I have a mid-size booked through Alamo for $288.00 for 11 nights!
If anybody has found anything better, I would be interested in hearing it!

We are going on a cruise during that time and yesterday I could have booked a car for 100 dollars less then I can today. Had to wait until last night to confirm I had the time off from work. Guess I will just check everyday until I get the price I can live with.

I have a midsized book through Alamo for March 19-27 for $210 including taxes. I'm not thrilled with it, but figured I should grab it while I could. I've only seen rates rise since I've booked mine.

I guess I should be happy...I'm booked with National for March 13-20 for a crossover at $267 including all fees. I just checked the current price, and its gone up by about $200!:eek:
I always keep checking prices until the last minute. Even if the price drops by $20 it is well worth the trouble to book the new rate and cancel the old one (in that order so that you don't accidentally get stuck without a car).;)

I have a 10 day rental with National using Continental code and Ent $40 off coupon. Total around $220. Problem is, I booked it before the flights and now we only are staying 9 days. I can't find anything at all with National now.

Best I can find is around $220 for Intermediate for the 9 days using the 10% off coupon in the Entertainment book for Enterprise. I really want to use National as I am executive, but won't pay $400+ with them...

I will keep watching and hope it comes down. Airfare around that time is high and so are car rental rates.....

duds

I was lucky and caught the flights from Buffalo to Orlando non-stop for $89 both ways! I had to book them as one ways at the time, cause the flight down, being that we are leaving a week earlier then the Ontario March Break has stayed at $89 but the way home I caught in a hour window that has been up in the $200's since! As far as car rental's for 11 days, the best I have got now is $273 from Thrifty, and $288 from Alamo, for a mid-size! I have never used Thrifty so may keep the Alamo even for the few dollars more, because I have used them!

I just booked a mid size with Alamo at MCO for 1 week and 1 day for $198.78. I am happy with that price and could have gotten a compact for around $130.

I thought it was too early but thanks for getting me to book early. I can now sit back and find a better deal but know I have a good rate.

Could you be more specific with the codes please? I have a midsize from Alamo for the next week and the cheapest I've found is $210 after taxes for one week. I used costco and entertainment double upgrade.

If you are looking at codes, I would suggest the Mousesavers.com website.

I purchased an Entertainment book and used their codes ... National mid-size for 8 nights .... total = $144 ... beginning this Friday.

I'm like most others on these boards and check periodically, since I got this lower rate, the prices have gone back up again. Sometimes, I just think luck plays into it.

bumping this one up. Any decent rates found for March? Our dates are March 16-21st. Thanks!

Thanks for bumping! The best I have found is Thrifty with their city special! For 11 nights,mid size, $273.00 including tax! I would love to get it down to $200, fingers crossed!

I have a 10 day rental with National using Continental code and Ent $40 off coupon. Total around $220. Problem is, I booked it before the flights and now we only are staying 9 days. I can't find anything at all with National now.

Best I can find is around $220 for Intermediate for the 9 days using the 10% off coupon in the Entertainment book for Enterprise. I really want to use National as I am executive, but won't pay $400+ with them...

I will keep watching and hope it comes down. Airfare around that time is high and so are car rental rates.....

duds
I have an ENT what code did you use for 40? Thx

The best I've found so far for our dates 3/4-3/13 is a full-size for 235 with Dollar. We prefer to use National since I have the Executive membership but right now their rates are way too high.

I must have been given some bad information. I called Budget today to get a quote for a one way rental from airport to Port Canaveral (mini van with a car seat and two booster seats) and was told $156 one way, including all taxes/fees. I asked how much for the week and he said $600. Maybe I need to call again and speak to someone else!

Today I received an e-mail from American Airlines stating that they are now offering car rentals paid for completely by points! I tested my vacation dates in March, and I can get an intermediate size car with a couple of the major rental agencies for around 14,000 points. Not a bad deal if you happen to have a lot of excess points lying around. :cool2:
Unfortunately the bulletin board system won't allow me to post a link until I have a few more posts...but here is the website for American Airlines car rentals in long form: www dot useaamiles dot com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter