• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car - WDW to VB

Mr. Disney 652

AK Opening Crew 1998 - Now DVC!
Can someone please fill me in on the best way to rent a car to go from WDW to VB? I'm looking for any hints and ideas.

Thanks a ton!

Alamo has a desk at the Dolphin, and Budget has a desk at the Doubletree in Downtown Disney. You could rent a car at either of those places and return it either at WDW or the airport. I don't know about Alamo, but Budget has a shuttle - they can pick you up at your hotel and take you to the Doubletree when you need to rent your car.

Disney's Car Care Center also rents cars. They will send a shuttle to pick you up at your onsite hotel. I believe they rent thru Alamo and National.

Wondering this too.. How do you book it ahead of time fromt he disney car care center???

This may be a bit backwards from what you are planning, but it shows some of the possibilities....

We once rented a car from National at MCO, drove it to VB and stayed for a week.

Later, we went to BWV, dropped off the luggage and DW and kids, and I took the car back to Disney's Car Care Center and checked it in...

National then shuttled me back to BWV...

At checkout time, we called Mears and got one way tickets back to MCO.

Try DOLLAR rental at Grosvenor Resort(close to DTD), try online and use Promo code KISSE, if asked for Rate code its KISS. ALso you might want to check out Transportation thread to get discount codes.

Thanks all...Also MS just mailed me and said Alamo gives a DVC discount by calling MS.

Thanks agian

We're doing Vero first then BWV . I rented a mini van at the airport from Alamo . I used my BJ's membership and got a discount and I was able to use a BJ's coupon too. I'll drop it off at the Dolphin although I could have chose the car care center too. Then I'll walk back over the bridge. Easy as pie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter