• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car ?

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We are considering a car for our upcoming trip to Disney in May. Which car rental company do you use when you rent cars?

In the past I have used National which was the official car rental company of WDW.
Now that has changed to Alamo.
They both have on site locations at the Car Care Center within WDW.

I've always been pleased with Dollar and tend to stick with them, I usually end up getting the best rate with them.

It is somewhat a matter of if you have dealt with a rental company before, how you liked them, or if you don't care, keep searching the websites for good deals. I personally don't feel they are as plentiful as pre 9/11, but you can still find deals by checking around and also taking the advice given on these boards.

Check out Mary Waring's site -- www.mousesavers.com for codes you can use when checking rates on many rental car companies in Orlando. I've found some great rates on Avis and Dollar using these codes.

I know National has a location across from the luggage pickup area that you can walk over to at MCO. Do any of the other rental agencies have a location you can just walk to? We don't want to have to take a shuttle to pick up the car. Thanks!

When we rent a car, we check out the lowest prices and then make a lower bid on Priceline for an MCO location. So far we've done it three times and have gotten Avis once and Alamo twice. I love the onsite places...very convenient. Avis has a much easier checkout process than Alamo (and they gave us a free upgrade), but beggers (and cheapskates like me :D ) can't be choosers.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have found a great price from Alamo for mid March but a deal sometimes isn't a deal! What were your problems with check out? Is it hard to get to the rental pick up spot when you get off your plane? (we are tagging along 2 young kids) I thought I read that Alamo was AT the airport

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify Alamo IS at the airport now right next to National...both desk and car pickup areas.

Please go to mousesavers.com for all the codes/discounts info. I have rented from National and Dollar with no problems. I suusally go with the least expensive.

herc

Thanks, DH just made reservations for a Full size for 9 days for $232 which seemed the best I could get. Everyone else was 300-400. We are a family of 4 with probably 5 bags max. so hopefully the car will be big enough. By the way use the rate code US. Good luck to all and hopefully we'll have good luck.

Most of all we will be in the magic land in March so we'll be happy either way. I sure do hope it warms up though. I am hoping mid to high 70's

hockeymom,
Try the code "tv" just for fun.
Also, there are some nifty discounts out there for National with BJ's, Sam's Club, Costco, etc.
Mousesavers has a lot of great hints.

Gail I tried the code TV for national and got $414. , our alamo price is $232. so I guess we will stick with that but that's for the tip.

I just booked with Dollar using a rate code from mousesavers. May rental for 7 days, compact @ $134/week. This looks pretty good. We rented last May through Avis using a rate code from mousesavers and all worked great. On airport rental companies are, IMHO, the best way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter