• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
I currently have a rental car booked for the ten nights that we're at Disney through rentalcars.com and it's a 7-seater van from Thrifty. Two questions - Thrifty is AT the airport, right? no shuttle needed? We've rented at MCO before but I can't remember. Second question - my total for the ten nights $540 Canadian. Is this a good rate or should I still be looking around?

Thanks so much!

I can only answer your first question, YES Thrifty is one of the Rentals that are on-site with pick-up inside the garage.
This is the current list of on-site companies:
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Hertz, National, Payless & Thrifty.

We only ever rent thru Airmiles (I find this is one of the better uses for those) If you head over to the Transportation forum you will find a thread for most months with current codes & deals that others have found, Good luck and have a blast

Thank you both - I've never checked out the transportation thread! I'm off to do that now :)

Just wanted to check if you signed up for Thrifty's Blue Chip program? If you haven't, I highly recommend that you do so.

Hi all!
I currently have a rental car booked for the ten nights that we're at Disney through rentalcars.com and it's a 7-seater van from Thrifty. Two questions - Thrifty is AT the airport, right? no shuttle needed? We've rented at MCO before but I can't remember. Second question - my total for the ten nights $540 Canadian. Is this a good rate or should I still be looking around?

Thanks so much!
Sounds a decent rate to me. I am there 3 weeks in August, and best I could find so far, is $756 at Costco. That's $US. I might go check them both again...... I will check rates to the last minute, and just cancel any previous reservations when I find a better price.

Rental cars are funny things. We got a van for 12 days in March for $293 from Alamo through Costco Canada. But if we'd needed it only 10 hours later, the best we would have been able to do was $525. How does 10 hours make that much of a difference? We rented on a Wed night (9pm) and returned on a Sun night. But the Thurs morning rental was a whole different price, even with that same Sun return.

Anyway, keep checking the prices. I checked daily for a year and my best price was about two weeks before the rental. Also, if you have a Costco membership, check on their website. You might also want to compare with the company's own site, as they try to be competitive with the aggregators. They don't want to have to pay a commission.

I rent sedans and sometimes small SUV. Thru Costco. I usually end up paying around $200. For 10 day rental. I check web site freq, rates go up & down constantly. When they drop I rebook and cancel other Res.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter