Rental cars?

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
How much are you paying for what kind of car and when? We are going late May and the prices look $750+ for the week. Standard sized. o_O Convincing myself to go ahead and book cause the prices wont go down. Opinions?

Opinion: If you are staying on property and visiting only Disney parks, I'd pass on the rental car.

But if you're doing other stuff or staying OFF property, it might make sense.

$750 (+gas+parking) is a lot of Ubers.

We have been using AutoSlash for better auto rental pricing. You go to their website, enter your parameters, you'll then receive an email within a few minutes with a link to various rental sites along with their pricing.

Good luck...

We booked our car rental last July for our upcoming June Hawaii trip. At the time of booking, the cost of car rental was pretty high, but it seems like it is even higher now.

June 17-June 22, 2022, Mini-Van, Pickup and drop-off KOA airport, Total $477.00.
June 22-June 26, 2022, Mini-Van, Pickup and drop-off HNL airport, Total $544.00.

When I last checked, these same criteria's resulted in costs over $1000 for each rental.

I would book a car rental as soon as possible just to secure a car. Use a site that doesn't make you prepay and allows you to cancel without fees. I always use Discount Hawaii Car Rental to book our Hawaii rentals. They don't ask you to prepay and you can cancel your reservation without penalty if you find a better price.

We booked our car rental last July for our upcoming June Hawaii trip. At the time of booking, the cost of car rental was pretty high, but it seems like it is even higher now.

June 17-June 22, 2022, Mini-Van, Pickup and drop-off KOA airport, Total $477.00.
June 22-June 26, 2022, Mini-Van, Pickup and drop-off HNL airport, Total $544.00.

When I last checked, these same criteria's resulted in costs over $1000 for each rental.

I would book a car rental as soon as possible just to secure a car. Use a site that doesn't make you prepay and allows you to cancel without fees. I always use Discount Hawaii Car Rental to book our Hawaii rentals. They don't ask you to prepay and you can cancel your reservation without penalty if you find a better price.

Wishing I booked before!!!!

AutoSlash quotes the following and others for your HNL dates. High, but much less than the $1,000+ you mention.

AutoSlash quotes the following and others for your HNL dates. High, but much less than the $1,000+ you mention.

View attachment 653125
I didn't know about Autoslash until you posted here. I was comparing my $1000+ price on Hawaii Discount Car Rental's website. Glad to see there are better pricing alternatives for people.

I just paid $600 for a week as the base rate with Alamo. With all the taxes and fees, total was about $775.

We're at Aulani right now for four weeks. Reserved Alamo through AutoSlash and are paying a base rate of $290 per week plus taxes and fees for a full size car.

We are booked through Alamo picking up at the airport. We booked several months ago and are getting a minivan for a week for $535 total.

I just booked a 4-door wrangler for a week in July thru Costco which was cheaper than Autoslash but it was still 1200…. standard cars were 900-1000.

Wondering what rentals cost at Aulani per day for the same vehicle and if Im just better off with airport transfers and 3 days of car rentals for outings renting from the counter at Aulani? Or something else? Can that be reserved in advance?

We also have to pay parking fees since we are not DVC… so that will add up.

37x7=259
1459 total

Can we get airport transfers/uber minivan for four people, uber to target, 3 days of rental cars for less? Seems like it but unsure about the July rental pricing and availability at Aulani. Not to mention the rental process - can they be booked ahead and checked out early so we can depart at 6am to avoid the traffic I am hearing about?

I just booked a 4-door wrangler for a week in July thru Costco which was cheaper than Autoslash
I always check both Costco Travel and AutoSlash. For our current trip Costco Travel just wasn't competitive...other times they win out.

Cheapest I could find on Maui for June was $850 fir 9 days for a full-size car. I just spent another $150 and got a Tahoe.

How much are you paying for what kind of car and when? We are going late May and the prices look $750+ for the week. Standard sized. o_O Convincing myself to go ahead and book cause the prices wont go down. Opinions?

$1100 for three weeks in June. Full size from Alamo booked through Costco last July. They’re about twice that now.

Have you tried Turo? It's basically AirBnB for cars.

We booked and got a much better deal than Car Rental places....

https://www.turo.com/

I’ve thought about Turo, but the concern I have with Turo is the fact that if the car breaks down or is in an accident, where can you get a replacement? Does Turo provide for that? If my Alamo car has trouble, I can just switch it for a different one. Can I do that with Turo? I’ve had problems with Airbnb where I had to scramble for a hotel because the owner flaked and I had to pay much more for a last minute hotel. I can just imagine having to do that with a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter