Renting A Vacation Home...help

linden's mom

Earning My Ears
We thought about renting a vacation home. Has anyone stayed at Premier?

I called around to get some referrals and here is what I came up with so far:

-Agents won't tell you anything because they don't make a commission on these rental homes-so they were no help.

I called the BBB and Chamber of Commerce- they won't refer...just tell you if there were any complaints that "haven't been resolved". That tells me nothing because usually complaints are resolved one way or another but I don't want to have the complaint in the first place!

Finally- I got the number of the Inspector of the vacation homes for the state licensing board...she wasn't happy to hear from me because as you can imagine she doesn't want to be inundated with calls...so I promised not to give out her #. But she said that she has had complaints from people who stayed a t Elite and Families First (lots). She said Premier was the best. She kept the call short but it's so far the best info I could get.

Thinking of going with with Premier even tho they asked for $15 a nite more. We only need 2 BR but they promised us an upgrade to a 4 BR what they call "Executive" home (better decor and a jacuzzi). We really love the idea of a Jacuzzi and the smaller homes don't have them.

We are still worried. After seeing all these posts for vrbo I am wondering if I can't keep trying and get an even better deal. Sometimes peace of mind- however fragile- is better than $15/nite savings. Any thoughts??

Aug 4th -11th we will be in a 6 bedroom home with pool hot tub, kids apartment, and much more. We just cant wait to have all that room.. We are renting from the owners directly, they have i think 5 houses they rent. Their email address is drherron@mindspring.com they have 14 page pamphet to send. They have been the best with questions and taking care of all of our needs. They have cribs, high chairs etc. even a wheel chair for the seniors, Give them a try at least ask for the info. Good luck and happy house hunting.

Hey! We rented a house from www.FloridaLeisure.com last month.

It was a beautiful home with a pool and jacuzzi in a wonderful neighborhood. We really loved having all that extra space.

I have heard wonderful things about Premier also, but they didn't have any homes large enough for the week we were coming.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter