• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservation Change

Mrs. Toaster

Mouseketeer
We currently have a premium campsite reserved for 11/18/17-11/26/17. We would like to depart one day earlier on 11/25. Am I correct in understanding that we cannot just delete one day from the reservation? As there are no premium campsites currently available for those dates, I can't make a whole new reservation. Does that mean I need to keep the one we have and either stay through the 26th, or eat the cost of leaving 1 day early?

Well the way I see it, there are a couple of options.

First.... Do nothing, go enjoy your vacation and check-out a day early. As I understand it, they will NOT charge you for the day you did not stay. (To confirm, you could call and pose a "Hypothetical" question to the CM such that "If something came up and you had to leave early, what would happen?")

Alternatively, you could just call up and see if a CM can drop the date from your reservations, and if first you don't succeed, try, try again (as different CMs sometimes can do different things).

You can check out on the 25th and you will be refunded one nights stay as you will pay for your entire stay when you check in. You will just need to let the front desk know sometime during your stay that you will have to leave one day early. They will not make you pay for the night you are not at the Fort unless you don't tell them ahead of time you are leaving early.

1) You are there during the holiday, and changing the ressie by a day less, it could be tough.
2) Leaving early would make a 1-day "hole" that could have been filled by another guest.
3) And, a paid site-day for Disney.
4) We HAVE charged people for the day when they tried to leave early during a holiday week.
. . . some people who couldn't get a 2-3 day ressie would reserve for longer
. . . then they would simply leave early and ask for a refund on the unused days
. . . we said no, even though some of the excuses were truly creative

1) You are there during the holiday, and changing the ressie by a day less, it could be tough.
2) Leaving early would make a 1-day "hole" that could have been filled by another guest.
3) And, a paid site-day for Disney.
4) We HAVE charged people for the day when they tried to leave early during a holiday week.
. . . some people who couldn't get a 2-3 day ressie would reserve for longer
. . . then they would simply leave early and ask for a refund on the unused days
. . . we said no, even though some of the excuses were truly creative
Great point about the holiday week. We are completely fine paying for the extra night, if that's what we need to do. We have run into that at other campgrounds before. Truly, we are just excited to be at the Fort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter