Reservations followed by fc or ent rates

Colleen P

Mouseketeer
Sorry to ask questions you have all heard before.
I am looking to book for Oct04. Universal is not even taking reservations for this as yet with even rack rates. Do I book a room (hoping for RPR) when I can, then keep calling to see if they have any applicable Entertainment or Fan Club rates they can apply to the existing reservation?

Thanks for all your wisdom!

IMO, you should book only what you are willing to pay.

If you book at rack rate and are hopeful for a much cheaper rate, but are willing to pay rack if the cheaper rate never comes. Then go ahead and book it to make sure you get the room when you need it.

If you will not pay rack rate, and will only book with a discount, you might as well wait for the discounts to come out to book. Booking ahead has no advantages in this case.

Teresa

then yes, by all means do it. It would be worse to wait and not get the dates you want waiting on discounts, but as soon as the discount comes out apply it or cancel the booking if it is not available.

RPR is an awesome resort. you will love it.

Thank you for the help. When I began this journey I was willing to pay full rate for a package. I have since figured out with my fan club card I can get 2 day passes and rack room for 3 nights for likely less than the package. Unfortunately my dates are not flexible as I am adding this onto a WDW land/sea package. If I were to get a rate to apply to my room at this point will be gravy.
I think I will go ahead and book, then keep up with the rates if any.
Again, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter