• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations

M

manemagic

Hi. I just tried to go through Dreams Unlimited to make camping ressies and found only the Wilderness Homes were listed. Is this something I have to call WDW directly for? Have stayed at the resorts many times and this is our first camping adventure...don't really know where to start! Can I request a loop and get it or do they ask the size or your camper and assign one? Will I still be able to get Ultimate Park Hoppers if I stay in the campground? Isn't it considered a resort also, sure looks like one!!! We will be going in March of 2003, but want to get everything reserved and taked care of now. Thank for any help you can give.:confused: And does anyone know how I can get my signature changed form Manemagic to Mainemagic!! Didn't see my mistake until it was too late!! Nancy

Dreams does not reserve campsites, you will need to that through cro, when youy make the reservation they will ask the size and type of your camping equipment, you can get either a full hook up or a preferred hook up wiich has cable and better locations, you can request a specific loop when you make the reservation if you want, but they do not guarantee you will get that loop.

Fort Wilderness is definetely a Disney Resort and you get all the perks of staying onsite at the campground as you do staying at the Grand FLoridian.

I will seek the assistance of a Webmaster to get your name changed.

Welcome to the Dis and the camping board:) :)

1. Not sure whether Dreams Unlimited books the campsites.

2. There are 3 types of sites at FW
Preferred- water, electric, sewer & cable, loops in the back of the campground close to PH and marina area. Good loops 400, 1400, 700
Full Hook up - water, electric, sewer, loops in the middle of campground, Good loops 1300 & 900
Partial Hook up - water, electric, popup and tents, only two loops 1500 & 2000
CRO will ask about length of equipment, awning, slide outs. Add a few feet to give you some extra room. Request loops with CRO and fax the front desk a few days before your arrival.
Map at www.disneyzone.net/resortbios.htm

3. FW is a Disney resort, they have more activities then some of the hotels and all the same amenities. Truly one of the best campgrounds in the U.S. You can get tickets at the front desk or guest service window at Pioneer Hall.

Thank you so much...now for the next question...what is CRO? And how do I reach them? How soon should I be making my reservations..I know March is a busy month so want to make sure we get in...have also got a question on transportation board about the drive down from Maine and how others have done it...something tells me you are going to see alot of me!! And thank you for your warm welcome...Nancy:D

CRO = Central Reservations Office 1-407-W-DISNEY :D :D :D

It would be good to make your reservations as early as you can! You can always change them later - or add on your discount, if one is available later on.

Welcome! We're thrilled to have you here! :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter