reserving using email

I've used e-mail twice to reserve villas at my home resort. Both times I got what I wanted and everything was fine.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Just curious. How do you time your e-mail? Do you send it so that they have it some time BEFORE your 11 month (or 7 month) booking date, or on it, or what?

Do you know what priority MS give to e-mail requests versus telephone requests?

If two people are asking for the same accommodation, one by e-mail received overnight, and one by telephone as soon as MS open for the day, who is the most likely to get that accommodation?

Anyone know?

I almost always use email. I can rarely call when they are open plus I prefer a written record. The exception is that if you wan something that you must call day by day to get, you might be better off using the phone or at least followign up by phone. It can take them a day or two to get to the emails at times. OTOH, they are more flexible when using email. Say I want to reserve 5 nights in a GV at OKW for a time starting exactly 11 months from today. I might go ahead and email them tonight and then when they get to it, they may very well go ahead and schedule the entire thing. What they will do is schedule what they can then keep the email and schedule the rest when it opens up or even add every day. You can always call them and add so you're getting the best of both worlds.

I have emailed my reservations 4 -5 times and never a problem. I have gotten everything I asked for and have gotten a 24 hour turn time on my emails.

Certainly beats holding on for 30 minutes which we DVC members pay for through our dues.

Ed
DVC 1994

Count me in on good e-mail experiences. I have e-mailed for reservations on several occasions and have received what I wanted every time.

When I reserve at the 11 month window, I send it that morning. I suppose if you wanted to get a jump on things, you could send it a day or two ahead of the window. My family doesn't normally plan 11 months out and we have still had excellent luck getting what we wanted.:D

Originally posted by Hilary
Do you know what priority MS give to e-mail requests versus telephone requests?

If two people are asking for the same accommodation, one by e-mail received overnight, and one by telephone as soon as MS open for the day, who is the most likely to get that accommodation?

Anyone know?
There are two questions along these lines. The contact that is actually received and worked on first will get the priority. Usually that means the phone call. Although emails are frequently handled the same day, sometimes it's two or more. The advantage of email is that you can sometimes time it so it gets there the day before then they will work on it in the am. Also you have a written response, which I love. If you want a GV or some other similar prize and are willing and able to call day by day; do so.

I only e-mailed once. They did not have what I wanted and let me know in about 3 days.

I have used it for reservations (not always first choice availability but it worked just fine) and also to make PS reservations. It was usually a 2-day response. If you really want a particular ressie and are calling right at the 7/11 month window, you should probably call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter