Resort Change by Disney

Basically, because I had AKL and wanted to keep my King Bed, View room and he didn't want to offer me other deluxe resorts to fit those accommodations (even though regular Poly and CR would be open for my trip). I've been on hold to speak to GS for about an hour now when he told me 30 minutes. I'm also trying that magic number through my computer.

That is awesome, hoping to get through soon. Been spamming them for a while.
Yeah, it took a while for me to get connected, but once I did, it said that all planners were working with other guests. I had the music for fiveish minutes before I was talking to a person. Felt too easy!

The 7866 number got me through in less than 5 minutes... I had to continually keep calling because I got the busy signal many times. THANK YOU!

After 2 and a half hours on hold a CM finally answered! He moved my July 5 reservation to November so quickly! Only took about 10 mins. Was able to stay at Pop and there was only a $25 difference. The changes showed immediately on MDE and was even able to make my park reservations. Hang in there everyone!! Wishing you all the best of luck:cheer2:

Got through relatively quickly this morning - I waited less than an hour for the first CM, and was then transferred to GS with about a 20 minute wait. I had POR for 7/23 - 7/30. Initially she tried to move me to POP, and I kindly requested better accommodations since it's an anniversary trip. She put me on hold for a while and told me she was having trouble finding something open. Eventually she came back and gave us a deluxe studio at Boulder Ridge. She confirmed that my price was the same as what I paid for POR.

I had a second reservation at ASMo for 8/26 - 9/1 which I also had her change. We were moved to Pop and accepted for this one as that's what we expected. She confirmed my packaged price was the same, however, things got a little murky after that. I originally had 2 day base tickets with this reservation as we got it on the Free Dining Recovery deal. I asked to have the tickets removed since we're APs and don't need them. She removed the tickets, but then never confirmed a new price. I asked if there would be a refund for the tickets and she seemed unsure and just said there should be. She couldn't tell me what the refund would be, but told me she would take care of it and kind of shooed me off the line at that point. If I don't see a refund in the next few days then I'll call back and try my luck with someone else.

Done!! **Happy dance** Originally, I had 2 rooms at GF (garden view outer building) July 18-26. I was asked if I was fine moving to a villa, of course I am. She gave me options of BayLake 2bdrm, Kidani 2bdrm, Boulder Ridge 2bdrm, Copper Creek 2bdrm, TreeHouse, and Riviera 2bdrm pref view.

I took Riviera, mainly because I need at least 5 beds and it doesn't have a sofa bed as one of those 5. It also saved me close to $1000. I'm happy and it's all done.

Has anyone who was told yesterday that a CM would call them today after the system went down actually had someone call them yet? Tried calling this morning but can't put up with another day of the busy signal so decided to wait it out to see if they really do call back, but I'm getting antsy!

Basically, because I had AKL and wanted to keep my King Bed, View room and he didn't want to offer me other deluxe resorts to fit those accommodations (even though regular Poly and CR would be open for my trip). I've been on hold to speak to GS for about an hour now when he told me 30 minutes. I'm also trying that magic number through my computer.
Sorry the CM said that. I hope GS can help you 😀

UPDATE: Finally got off the phone - 3:42:46 total time.

Originally at CBR (3 rooms) and got moved to 3 FW Cabins! So glad that **** is finished! All 3 of us didn't have to call - person called for all of us. Gave the CM the 3 ressie numbers and she took care of everything!

Finally can get excited about this trip again! We were starting to falter!!!!

JUST GOT OFF THE CALL! Here's how it went with guest services:

Nice woman answered the phone and I nearly cried LOL. She took my reservation number, then said she would look to see what moderate was open then. Saw caribbean beach and she said she would check there, I asked about maybe doing contemporary or polynesian but she said she had to check the moderate first and if there weren't rooms she'd check those ones. Turns out there was availability for CB and she booked bf and I a King bed room near the main building! Went back and forth with king vs preferred but ended up on king at her recommendation. Hoping the skyliner is open by then!!!!! Didn't get an upcharge, actually got 50 bucks back which is nice. So hang in there everyone!

EDIT: if anyones ever stayed at CB, let me know! I've been to disney many times and have never stepped foot on that property, so all new territory for me!

Good choice on the king bed because that room type is actually spread throughout the entire resort, including the preferred section. So you can request to be in the preferred building (Martinique), but my favorite is just across the bridge at Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Those are the bus stops that pick up first and drop off first.

Try calling Guest Services directly 407-939-7866
After trying to even get to guest services on the other number for 2 hours, I found this post! I got busy signals probably 25 or so times and then someone answered. I was moved from ASMo to AOA with no upcharge!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :) And I was able to change my DS and DDIL reservations as well!

Has anyone gotten through on the 7866 # in the last 15 min? I’ve tried 40 times with just the busy recording.

UT peeps:
Sadly, they could not move me...
GS tried to initiate a change, but the system would not let them, so they contacted Wholesale on a joint call who told them that a move decision has not been made for November yet as the resort might still open, so it was locked from moving.
They put the details of my situation in my reservation so that I will be contacted before wholesale makes any moves due to a medical issue.
Maybe folks with closer dates will have better luck. 😣
I am sorry that didn't work out :(

Waited 3.5 hours on hold to talk to a CM to get transferred to GS only to get disconnected before speaking with anyone :( I think I'll try that direct line now

I got through on the 7866 number, too. I was on hold for 6+ hours yesterday only to find that the system went down at the end of the night. I was on hold with alternating bands of music and silence this morning, but never spoke to anyone. It was difficult to connect to the 7866 number - my house phone was still on hold with the other, and my cell just would not connect, but I thought of Skype, and after hammering it for a few minutes, got through. I was then connected to a CM within about five minutes who was able to help me with no trouble. We had five nights in mid-July booked at Coronado, and we were offered a cabin at Fort Wilderness, as it's the only moderate that's listed as open. I inquired whether movements to other resort categories was possible, but was told that it wasn't. He was really good about it, though, and I think the cabins is a great choice, both for my family (kids can sleep apart), and for the situation. With the parks closing early, we'll be able to hang out, walk around a bit, and relax in some comfort. I'm looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter