Resort Change by Disney

Was there a specific date that Disney gave for you to decide if you wanted to keep your reservation or not? I had a free dining reservation for the end of August that I was going to have to cancel anyway however did not cancel yet. I looked today and saw the reservation was now gone. I never received an email saying I had to take action by a certain date nor an email saying my reservation was now canceled.
Who did you book through? That should not have happened.

UH.. come again? Ive been on hold since 10:30 AM EST.
I hope you got through! My post was from last night - I called at about 10:30 pm eastern and it went right through with no hold. I was astonished and told the very chipper CM how glad I was that I hadn’t had to wait and she said that it had died down shortly before I called and she hadn’t had a call in 6-7 minutes. So if you can hold out that long... it was worth it!

UH.. come again? Ive been on hold since 10:30 AM EST.
I tried 3 different numbers for about 30 minutes, with no success. Kept getting all circuits are busy, try again later. Finally got through and was on hold for a little over an hour. CM answered, I told him I need to change my stay from 5 nights to 3. He put me back on hold for another 10 minutes. Returned to tell me that we needed to speak to guest services and it's a 3 hour wait right now. So I'm back on hold! We leave this Friday so I have to take care of it this week!

If you want POP, I'd call. I got my Spring 2021 ASMo moved to POP with price protection since no ETA on All Star resorts opening.

It’s a ways out so I’ve been trying to decide if I want to call now and see if they move me to Pop, or if I wait.

Waiting could mean AS resorts will be open by then and I’ll just keep my current reservation. Or if I still need to be moved, Pop might be full and I could potentially get upgraded.

It’s a ways out so I’ve been trying to decide if I want to call now and see if they move me to Pop, or if I wait.

Waiting could mean AS resorts will be open by then and I’ll just keep my current reservation. Or if I still need to be moved, Pop might be full and I could potentially get upgraded.
It's totally up to you! If you call now, they'll move you to Pop to solidify your stay. It doesn't matter how far out it is. Some people are getting resort changes for next year because of how there are no reopening dates for some resorts at all (such as the all-stars)! I like your outlook on this though!!

I tried 3 different numbers for about 30 minutes, with no success. Kept getting all circuits are busy, try again later. Finally got through and was on hold for a little over an hour. CM answered, I told him I need to change my stay from 5 nights to 3. He put me back on hold for another 10 minutes. Returned to tell me that we needed to speak to guest services and it's a 3 hour wait right now. So I'm back on hold! We leave this Friday so I have to take care of it this week!

are you trying to shorten your stay at the beginning of your stay or at the end of your stay? If it is at the end of your stay, you can just let them know after arrival. We do that all the time, never a big deal, but if it is at the beginning...then you need to call. Boo

Was there a specific date that Disney gave for you to decide if you wanted to keep your reservation or not? I had a free dining reservation for the end of August that I was going to have to cancel anyway however did not cancel yet. I looked today and saw the reservation was now gone. I never received an email saying I had to take action by a certain date nor an email saying my reservation was now canceled.
Your reservation for the end of August should not have been deleted by Disney. Are you looking on the Disney app or on the web site?

Try checking again on the web site as it has the most direct access to your reservation data. And even if Disney deleted it in error, your information will still be in the system. So if it is "gone" then give them a call when you have a chance.

Dave

are you trying to shorten your stay at the beginning of your stay or at the end of your stay? If it is at the end of your stay, you can just let them know after arrival. We do that all the time, never a big deal, but if it is at the beginning...then you need to call. Boo
At the end so I may just hang up and do it that way, thanks very much for the info! The last time he checked in on me I asked about calling back later tonight and he said the queues are now closed so if I call later, they won't be able to help me. I have no clue what that means or why there is such a wait today, I have never had this happen before.

We had a reservation for an AoA Lion King suite Aug 6-15, I got the email a couple of days ago asking me to confirm. I did confirm and they said I would get a call, but I got antsy waiting and called today. I only had to wait a minute or two, and was moved to a 2 BR at SSR. Initially the CM told me they would move us to Pop. but I pointed out that we had 6 people and didn't want to be split up. He put me on hold for maybe 10 min, then came back on to ask about SSR. I kind of wish I had kindly asked about a skyliner DVC resort, just in case, since the worst he could have said was no and I don't think he would have then taken away SSR haha. But I didn't think of that in the moment, so I guess we're looking at busses or our own car now. It's still a pretty good upgrade money wise and space wise, just not resort location wise and theming wise IMO -- SSR has never interested me. Hopefully, assuming we are able to take this trip, we'll end up loving it!

My husband is saying he will take AOA if we get that but he dislikes Pop and he wants our back up off-site reservation if we end up in Pop. We have stayed there before. I am flexible, I just want to go to Disney world. :)
Why does he not like PoP?

I finally moved our reservation today to December in case things lighten up a bit by then. They offered to change my POR reservation to CBR. I asked about hoppers\ waterpark and she recommended we keep them for now. She had no further gossip and believe me I tried to get it out of her.

I’m so happy! Y’all have probably seen my posts on here, but I was originally booked at CBR for a standard view fifth sleeper July 18-21. Last Tuesday I called the 7866 number and was offered the FW Cabins. I wasn’t super thrilled with that but took it anyways so I’d have a place to stay.

However the more I thought about it I was disappointed and finally got around to calling the same number again today. After five minutes on hold, I was able to get ahold of a helpful CM. I explained how FW is too big and far from the parks I’m going to (EP and DHS) and we didn’t feel like it was a lateral move.

She did some searching and offered me a studio at either Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas (I was hoping for Rivera but all they had were the tower studios). Knowing the pool was closed at Y+B I chose Boardwalk and was given a price protected standard view studio! She had to talk to someone else to get the price adjusted but I didn’t have to pay a cent extra. To those who are unsatisfied with your move, I think it’s definitely worth asking for a second move. I think she was more lenient because there were no other moderates open, but I still think it’s worth a shot regardless. I’m glad this is taken care of and I’m excited to stay at BWV <3
Congrats on the upgrade! I've only stayed on the Inn side but it is a really nice hotel. Does a BWV studio sleep 5? I thought that was part of the challenge with folks moving who had a 5 person room that studios didn't always work because they didn't all sleep 5. I'm not familiar with all of the DVC room configurations.

Congrats on the upgrade! I've only stayed on the Inn side but it is a really nice hotel. Does a BWV studio sleep 5? I thought that was part of the challenge with folks moving who had a 5 person room that studios didn't always work because they didn't all sleep 5. I'm not familiar with all of the DVC room configurations.
Yes, the BWV studios have a queen bed, sofa bed, and one of the fold down twins. This is the same studio setup at BCV, PV, GFV, Riviera, and I think one of the WL Villas. The sofa bed isn’t ideal, but it’ll give us space during the day. We were comfortable in a Port Orleans fifth sleeper that has a smaller fold down bed, so I think this will work well.

I’m mostly just excited to stay at a deluxe resort. It’s just typically out of the budget for us (rack rate for our dates is $540) and the location is stellar, considering we are only visiting Epcot and DHS.

If anyone has had experience with Disney initiating a resort change, I would appreciate your thoughts. Yesterday it was mentioned that some of the resorts would not open. If my resort was not going to open, is it possible that Disney would just move me to another resort of their choosing, or do you think I would have some kind of choice?
Yes, they will move you to a resort of their choosing. I know someone booked at Pop and they placed their family in OKW no extra charge.

You will LOVE the Boardwalk! So much to do and see! Even without a park day. Love the pool, walk to the Skyliner, HS, Yacht and Beach. Our favorite Trattoria Al Forno!!

Your reservation for the end of August should not have been deleted by Disney. Are you looking on the Disney app or on the web site?

Try checking again on the web site as it has the most direct access to your reservation data. And even if Disney deleted it in error, your information will still be in the system. So if it is "gone" then give them a call when you have a chance.

Dave
I've tried both the website and the app and it doesn't show on either. So I guess I will give them a call to see what's up.

If you want POP, I'd call. I got my Spring 2021 ASMo moved to POP with price protection since no ETA on All Star resorts opening.
And yet the cm I spoke to wouldn’t even confirm all stars will still be closed in October this year!!

I would gladly pay 400.00. At the time I was just so happy somebody answered I didn’t ask.

Yeah, that's kind of what happened. After dealing with the park reservations earlier that day, I just kind of gave up and didn't push the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter