Resort decorations at Christmas question.

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting WDw during the holidays & plan to spend sometime just resort hopping to see the decorations.

Is there anywhere that describes any special decorations or holiday "must sees" at the resorts? I thought I read somewhere that the Grand Floridian has a huge gingerbread house.

tHANKS

Deb Willis' site(wdwig) has had resort Christmas pictures posted before. I don't know of anywhere the decorations are described.
The GF does have a large gingerbread house in the lobby and a very large tree. Decorations are Victorian style. Decorations at WL are also very nice. They have a large tree and the decorations are of a woodsy nature. BC and YC are also lovely. Two years ago 6-8 resorts had large gingerbread decorations such as a gazebo, merry-go-round. sleigh, and beach scene. Last year, we only found the gingerbread house at GF. If you have time, visit the resorts and look at the decorations. We enjoyed doing this when the weather was bad or in the evening after the parks were closed.

We will be there Jan 1 - 6 and wonder if the decorations will stay up that first week?

I'm not sure what about the official date but I think they keep them at least until January 2. I've arrived a few years around the 4th and they were just starting to take them down.

:)

joepoe,

We were at WDW in January on the 5th through the 11th this year. We stayed at AKL for the first 2 nights and at the Poly for the last 4. Christmas decorations were still up at both resorts.

We also saw decorations at CR ( which they began to take down while we were there), GF ( the gingerbread store was gone already, though), and the YC. We really wanted to see the decorations at WL, but we didn't get by there until the 11th, and they were already taken down. We thought they were all beautiful, and quite different from resort to resort. I think the GF was the most impressive of the ones we saw - very Currier and Ives like. The tree and the ornaments on it were huge.

Oh, there were still some decorations in the parks, as well.

Hope this helps-

They are all nice, but do drop by Wilderness Lodge. We'll leave the lights on for you.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter