Resort for Marathon Weekend

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am looking forward to booking our resort for Marathon weekend. Due to work and school schedules we will be traveling Thursday—Sun. Since we will be flying out Sunday and usually have a morning flight, I‘d like a resort that won’t be impacted by the road closures from the Marathon. We are a family of 5. My usual picks are the monorail resorts but those seem like they’d be hard to leave from, as well as the crescent lake resorts?

I‘m not familiar with what roads get closed for the marathon. Thinking maybe Riviera, Old Key West or Saratoga might be okay?

The MK-area resorts will be impacted by road closures. There are still ways around it, but travel would/could take more time.

Here is a link to the map of the road closures from this year's marathon course.

I have personally stayed a both OKW and SS for marathon weekend and the course will have 0 impact on getting to the airport.

I also believe that AKL, and the Epcot-area resorts (including sky-liner resorts) also have little-to-no impact from the courses.

(I'm also going to mention that if you are planning on participating in the races, and one of those is the 5k, you would need to pick your race bib up on Wednesday.)

My usual picks are the monorail resorts but those seem like they’d be hard to leave from
If your heart is set on a monorail resort, Contemporary may still work. DH has left on marathon morning the last two years from Bay Lake Tower, and they allow traffic from the parking lot to go north backstage by Tron to get off property. This would really only be feasible with a rental car, as it would be nearly impossible for a ride share to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter