Resort information

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
I need information from anyone who had stayed at Disney's Contemporary Resort. What is this resort like, and would a single person enjoy it from Dec 26 to Jan 3.

Any information would be great.

I have stayed at the CR several times. It is my sentimental favorite resort. The Garden Wing rooms are slightly less expensive than the Tower rooms. I believe it would be a perfect resort for someone traveling alone. It is a deluxe resort containing many dining options including a food court. It has several shops and an arcade. It has a marina area for rentals and a lovely pool. The 4th floor is a great place to sit and people watch. My favorite restaurant is there - California Grille.

The best - it is on the monorail (which travels right through the resort) and you can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

The 15-story, A-frame Contemporary Resort is a long familiar landmark property. What used to be considered modern is now pretty darn austere with its soaring open interior, sharp edges, and angles. Love it or hate it, but its accessibility to the Magic Kingdom can’t be beat. And the sight of the monorail silently gliding through its core is simply magical. Bordering Bay Lake, the 1,000-room property consists of a high-rise tower, two three-story wings, and a next-door convention center, making this resort a favorite choice for groups. And on the 15th floor sits the California Grill, one of Disney’s very best restaurants, with a sensational birds-eye-view of the Magic Kingdom.

Wacky trees cut in futuristic forms line the entrance leading to the somewhat sterile, marble-floored lobby. Stark but sleek, its small seating area is adorned with angular leather sofas and chairs in shades of purple, teal, and black. To feel the grandeur of this resort you’ll need to head to its centerpiece, the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse. This soaring space boasts 11-story windows on either end with floors of guestrooms surrounding the vast atrium on two sides. At its heart stands a charming 90-foot mosaic mural of Native American children. Here you’ll find shops, restaurants, a monorail station, and a bar with fantastic views of Bay Lake, all constantly buzzing with traffic. In contrast, the exterior garden wings are a much quieter alternative to the activity of the main building. Just a short distance from the tower by covered walkway, they offer a variety of views; some with vistas of Bay Lake but sadly others within sight of a concrete parking lot.

I think the Contemporary would be a great place for a single person. It's always hopping and so easy to reach both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom by monorail. I hope this information helps with your choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter