• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resorts w in-room table seating for 5+?

takemetomickey

Mouseketeer
Ok so I’m sure cabins and all the crazy expensive rooms have large tables. But what about the 1 and 2 bedrooms at various DVC resorts? Where can a family of 5 (or more) actually sit around the table to have a meal, play a board game, etc. with the provided seating (no getting creative in what they can use as a chair)?

I saw someone mention that the CCV 1/2 bedrooms have table seating for 6 and this got me curious!

Pictures appreciated!

We always get a big kick out of the fact that if you put 8-10 people in a DVC 2 bedroom, you can't all eat together LOL At Hilton Head we did adults in the kitchen and kids on the porch, I think that's the only place we maxed out a 2 bedroom. Some have extra seats at the kitchen counter (BLT comes to mind) but 8 people in a Jambo 2 bedroom? You are eating in shifts ;)

That is the biggest negative for DVC compared to other timeshares - inadequate seating for dining. Before the recent BWV refurb, there were two chairs at the table and two chairs at the bar, which was okay for a 1BR that slept 4 but ridiculous for a 2BR that slept 8 at first and later slept 9 after they added the Murphy single to the studio side. Now it appears that you can seat 6 at the table, maybe 8 if enough of them are small kids who can squish onto the bench. The designers were definitely not thinking that guests would actually want to sit and eat together!

It is a bit wild! Maybe trying to encourage people to get out and eat at their restaurants? The dining should accommodate at least most of the occupancy, if not all!

CCV looks like a squeeze but doable!

Although I don't have any pictures, as I remember, the VGF 1 BR has banquette seating, which will seat 5, and the OKW 1 Bedrooms have a table that is set up for four, but if you can bring in a chair from the balcony, it seats five. We left a jigsaw puzzle we were doing set up all week, and it lett plenty of room for 4 of us to eat.

The dining table at CCV is the best I've seen and I've done many DVC 1 BRs. We stayed here after doing 4 nights in a BW Studio in December and DH gave the table a big hug when we checked in. 🤗 It was very much appreciated after our experience with that pull-up monstrosity of a dining table at the BW.

It is a bit wild! Maybe trying to encourage people to get out and eat at their restaurants? The dining should accommodate at least most of the occupancy, if not all!

CCV looks like a squeeze but doable!

Where would you stick it? Its really a square footage issue - a dining table to seat nine would take up the entire living room. And almost all DVC rooms are really too small to seat everyone who could sleep there for a meal. And yes, I think Disney would rather have you eat in their restaurants, but I think the big driver is really the square footage of the rooms - there just isn't a place for a big table.

By the way, a BWV Grand Villa sleeps twelve. The table seats eight, IIRC. So even the really big rooms aren't made for people to sit and have family meals at when at capacity - someone is at the counter or perched on the couch with the plate on the coffee table.

Where would you stick it? Its really a square footage issue - a dining table to seat nine would take up the entire living room. And almost all DVC rooms are really too small to seat everyone who could sleep there for a meal. And yes, I think Disney would rather have you eat in their restaurants, but I think the big driver is really the square footage of the rooms - there just isn't a place for a big table.

By the way, a BWV Grand Villa sleeps twelve. The table seats eight, IIRC. So even the really big rooms aren't made for people to sit and have family meals at when at capacity - someone is at the counter or perched on the couch with the plate on the coffee table.
Yes, and that’s where DVC falls short compared to other timeshares - too small to provide dining space to accommodate sleeping capacity. I remember the first time my parents gave DH and me a week at one of their Marriott 2BR in Orlando - I was blown away by the size of the living room and the dining table, which sat 8.

Yes, and that’s where DVC falls short compared to other timeshares - too small to provide dining space to accommodate sleeping capacity. I remember the first time my parents gave DH and me a week at one of their Marriott 2BR in Orlando - I was blown away by the size of the living room and the dining table, which sat 8.

And I understand why - the real estate is simply too valuable to put fewer bigger units in place. They decided they'd be much more successful building more smaller units than fewer larger units - and I'm willing to bet they get very few complaints about the table space - since a lot of people find the kitchen to be a cute prop - or use the fridge and maybe have breakfast, but aren't feeding a crowd.

And I understand why - the real estate is simply too valuable to put fewer bigger units in place. They decided they'd be much more successful building more smaller units than fewer larger units - and I'm willing to bet they get very few complaints about the table space - since a lot of people find the kitchen to be a cute prop - or use the fridge and maybe have breakfast, but aren't feeding a crowd.
Definitely! I’ve read a lot more posts saying “I don’t cook on vacation!” than I have saying “There’s not enough room for us to sit and eat!” Although I’ve started seeing some complaints about eating in the refurbed studios, where they took away the table and chairs completely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter