Restaurant Akerhus clarification

gillis95

Mouseketeer
I know they've changed the buffet to no hot items..that you have to order them. I read somewhere here that they only let them order 1 hot dish at a time. Is that 1 per person or per table?? How long did it take.

I'm very sad to hear this change but we're still going.

Thanks

We ate there Friday night (Oct. 18?) and the cold items were on the buffet, and you could order as many hot dishes as you wanted. You ordered them all at once, and they were delivered one at a time. The salmon was great!! My six-year-old got the kids' buffet, and was able to order off the kiddie items plus the regular menu.

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this. So you pay the cold item buffet, and then order additional hot items at an additional cost??

You still only pay one price. You go through the cold buffet ( and can go back for more anytime) and then they give you a menue with the hot items and you choose what you want. I was there by myself so I ordered one item. She told me that if I didn't like the item, I didn't have to eat it and could order something else and so on. I ordered and it maybe took 5 minutes or so for it to come. I liked it and then ordered something else which also took about 5 minutes. If you have a group of people you can each order things and share though one item I got was not big enough to share and one was. I also go to lunch as soon as places open so they are not busy. If the place was packed I imagine it would take a bit longer for the hot items to come out of the kitchen.

Ate here for lunch with my friend the other week. The server took our hot item order and then we went up to get some food from the cold bar. It took about 15 minutes for out hot food to arrive. We enjoyed the food and the presentation. We did order a second hot selection each after we finished our first one and left the restaurant feeling VERY full!

Here is a link to some pictures of our meal:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspplay/m.asp?m=40566&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad...and the brown Goat cheese. Look theres those meatball things that I was hesitant to order and they were so good...and the Pasta with mushrooms!!! Mmmmmm. Thanks for the pics. I'm not scheduled to go to WDW until 2005!!! :(

Thanks, everyone, for posting recent experiences. I'd read one person say it would be a 20" wait between each hot dish you ordered, which sounded WAY too slow. We love to eat lunch here and were afraid we were going to have to cross it off our list --- although we've always said the cold buffet was our favorite part and we'd be happy with that.

The new system actaully works quite well. Freshness is tastable (if that makes any sense). The wait is minimal for the hot items, and you can be eating your cold items and be going up for more while waiting.

The new system actaully works quite well. Freshness is tastable (if that makes any sense). The wait is minimal for the hot items, and you can be eating your cold items and be going up for more while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter