Restaurant for Reception

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
I am looking for advice on choosing a location for my wedding 'reception.' It will not be a traditional reception in the least. We are doing the intimate wedding, therefore there will be eight guests plus me and DH. We don't have extra money for a private room; however, I would like to wear my wedding attire (traditional gown) and at least have a semi-private location (maybe off in a corner?)

So, if anyone has done this, please share what you did. I was looking at some restaurants, and I am torn between Natcoosee's and the California Grill. Will either of these two at least set your tables to the side, so you have a little privacy? I don't care if people see us, but I would just rather not spend dinner as part of the entertainment.

Also, if you have another restaurant which you used that did something like this, please share!

Thanks!

I am in the same position as you, I understand you can't wear your bridal wear into the parks but resort resturants should be fine. I am also trying to decide between Nacoossee's, Cali Grill, Spoodles and Palio.. ..I really need to determine how many guests exactly and look at our finances-so will have to factor that in as well but I think they are all similarily priced. Unfortunately I have not dined at any of them. There are menu's at www.wdwig.com and you can ask for feedback on the restuarants board as well.
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

We had our intimate wedding last June and had our "reception" at Narcoossee's. I dealt with Carianne at GF Group Dining and she set up an amazing dinner for us. She worked with me to come up with a custom menu that had our names and the date on it and was able to take off those pricey lobster dishes that would have put our bill way over the edge. We had 17 people total and she set up like 5 tables along the windows at the far end of the restaurant. Our ceremony was at 9am, so we didn't eat the cake, so they were able to cut and serve it for dessert, which we ate outside on the porch while the MK fireworks were going on. It was a great place to have a reception. I was torn between Yachtsman Steakhouse and Narcoossee's and looking back, I'm sure it couldn't have gone any better.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Diana

Diana-
When she moved those tables for you, did you feel it was at least "semi-private?" Did you wear your wedding dress, and if so, was it a traditional-type gown? Thanks for your info!
-Aurora

We were all alone in the far back corner of the restaurant, and to tell you the truth, I didn't even notice anyone else there. They were really great, they even decorated the table with vases and cut flowers, and I didn't ask for anything. The staff was absolutely incredible.

I wore a "regular" wedding gown, from David's Bridal, nothing really fancy and it didn't have a train. I left my tiara on, but didn't wear the veil, as it ended up being a giant mosquito net!

The reaction you get from the guests and cast members while you are in you wedding dress is absolutely indescribable. I defintely wouldn't have not worn my dress to the reception, as it made our night even more magical.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Diana

My IW is April 28, and we had the same dilemma. I ended up choosing Narcoossee's, there will be 13 of us there for Dinner. So I can let you know after next Monday how it goes! I will be in my wedding dress. We're going on the Illuminations Cruise after dinner.

Have fun Nina! Tell us all about it when you get back!

Diana - About how much did your meal wind up being per person, if you don't mind me asking?

I believe the total bill came to around $800, that was for 13 adults and 4 kids. Everyone got their choice of appetizer and entree. We didn't have to pay for dessert because they served the wedding cake.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Diana

Hi! Narcoossee's is a great restaurant - wonderful food, beautiful view. My only thought here is the the restaurant itself is LOUD!!! We have eaten there 3 times, and it seems the the past two times were so loud we could barely hear each other. I can't imagine how you could ever have a conversation with your guests, too!
I will say that Citrico's has a private room that seats a maximum of 12 people, with a $650 minimum (pretty reasonable). The Yachtsman Steakhouse also has a semi-private area, that is quieter and nice for having a wedding reception. Quite a few couples on the Disneymooners list have had receptions there.
If you are interested in the YS, the manager is Arun, and you can call him to discuss pricing or setting up a special menu for your event. From what I've heard from the couples who have used YS for their intimate receptions, he is great at working with them to customize anything.
Another quiet but elegant restaurant is Artist Point, and it's in that MK resort area like Narcoossee's is.
Good luck!
Heather W

We went with the Calfornia Grille for our reception. Although there was only 4 of us total, we had a table in the corner on the left near the window. Yes we were still close to the others that were in the restaraunt also but it wasn't that bad. And being able to look right out the window and see the castle and the fireworks was wonderful. The food was AWESOME. I loved the fact that every once in awhile someone at one of the tables would start tapping their glasses. Time for another smoooch :D

We just got back from our initimate wedding and we picked California Grill for our dinner. I was also debating between some of the choices mentioned here. California Grill was okay nothing too special as far as I''m concerned. My husband really liked it though. Our server was very nice. We had 12 in our party. The manager gave us a hard time about serving our cake as dessert. She said they were going to charge us $2.00 per person to serve it. They ended up not charging us but she was not very pleasant. I wish we would have chosen Narcosse's. Just my opinion!

LISAMWDW: Im sorry to hear the girl at CG wasnt nice. Everyone there was awesome to us. After our little cake cutting after the wedding we had our cake taken over to the CG and had it for our desert. My DH got up and asked that if anyone wanted any to please come on by and enjoy a peice. Noone at CG minded at all. It wasn't too busy in there when we were there which I was surprised cause it was 7pm. What I found out later is that people show up after 8pm so that they can catch the fireworks at MK.

Congrats (a little late sorry) on your wedding.

Well, my "reception" at Narcoossee's is over so I'll tel you all about it. We had 12 people, and they didn't have a separate room for us or anything, but they did put us all at one long table on the far end by the windows. The people facing out had a great view! I didn't think noise was a problem at all, with 12 people there was no way there would be just one conversation going on at a time anyway! The food was wonderful, I got pork tenderloin (which is very odd for me, I alway get seafood or chicken). It was delicious, i would recommend it to anyone. The sweet potatos that came with it were just as good. We didn't have special menus made or anything like that, people just ordered off of the menu and paid for themselves (we paid for the trip down and hotel for everyone, i drew the line at food and tickets!!). we did have our cake after the wedding, but there was so much we also had it at Narcoossee's and still had a lot left over. They didn't give us any problem about serving the cake for dessert, they took it and put it in the fridge while we ate and then boxed up the rest after dinner. The food took a little while to come, but we weren't in a hurry and i wanted to enjoy it anyway. I think the waitress would have ben happier if we had ordered appetizers and alcohol, but that just isn't my family. Also, we had plenty to eat the way it was. I wore my wedding dress, with a very short train and my veil, and felt completely comfortable. of course, i don't mind the attention. People do notice you, and you get a lot of congratulations. but being back in the restraunt, I mostly saw people when I went to the bathroom, and when we got up to leave. I would recommend narcoossee's for the reception, we didn't have any problems. If you have any qustions feel free to email at rbgmd2001@yahoo.com (or PM, but I've never used that so I'm not sure how it works. But I'm a big girl, I'm sure i can figure it out!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter