• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants at MGM

scoobie's m

Earning My Ears
Can anyone fill me in on restaurants at MGM, as I have not dined there before.

Is Hollywood & Vine a buffet meal for Dinner and is it a character meal?

Sci-Fi diner, I have looked on the menu database and the choices for lunch are very limited, a couple of burgers and a few soups/salads. Can you have food from the dinner menu, or does that have to be after 4pm?

and only for the dinner time......no characters there.......we enjoyed the variety there and it was delicious.......

next person can answer the sci fi menu....

Not sure about the Sci-Fi, but my husband and I like the
50's Prime Time Cafe. Did you try wdwig.com, they have menus for all sit down meals and for counter service.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Both the Sci-Fi and the 50's Prime Time are worth it just for the atmosphere.The Sci-Fi feels like you're in a drive -in.You dine in an old style cadillac and watch movioe clips.Make sure you have a sense of humor at the 50's Prime Time.If you make reservations here ask for a kitchen.You'll sit in a replica of a 50's kitchen,and make sure to behave or "mom" just might make you stand in the corner.

Here is a run down on the restaurants in MGM... and my opinions:

Brown Derby... more upscale and a bit pricey. The food is definitely good, though, as is the service. My DD was a bit bored, but the adults really liked it!

Mama Melrose... a nice, laid back Italian restaurant in the atmosphere of a New York Italian eatery. The food is fantastic, the service is good, our only complaint is that the waiting area is a bit small, and they could use a lounge with a full service bar (since they moved the Christmas shop from next door to Sunset Blvd, it would be a perfect spot to annex it to Mama's), since they got rid of Cat Walk Bar off the back of Brown Derby. My DD really loves this restaurant, and it is right across from Muppet Vision 3-d.

50's Prime Time Cafe... our favorite restaurant onsite. The food is homecooked and wonderful. The service is quick, but not hurried. The desserts are "to die for", and you better make sure to keep those elbows off the table, the feet off the furniture, and for goodness sakes, eat those vegetables. This place is SO much fun... we never miss a chance to go! They have a nice lounge with TV's playing old 50's TV shows where you can wait, and it has a full service bar.

Sci Fi... the desserts are good, the theming is pretty interesting, and the kids like the old monster flicks. Food wise, we weren't overly thrilled, though.

Hollywood and Vine.... buffet dinner only... no characters. The food and service are good, but I think they did themselves a disservice by discontinuing the lunch time character meal. It is set up like a vintage 50's diner, with plenty of chrome and formica.

Pizza Planet... basically, counter service pizza. Very loud, as there are tons of video and arcade games there. Pizza is not the best, but the kids seem to like it.

ABC Commissary... not bad... typical counter service, but lots of seating.

Love Mama Melrose's we have always had good food and service and love the themeing.Love the wood fired pizza's they have.This is a must do restaurant for us when we visit MGM.On our trip this December have PS for 50's PTC for lunch and Mama's for dinner.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter