Restaurants Menu signature items

Paul From MA

Earning My Ears
Not sure where Disney's head is at. The Plaza and Sci-Fi both had Rubens as signature items on there menu's. Many other restaurants had other items that they were"known for" over the years then poof..... there gone!! Is this a cost saving measure on their part? Are they trying to move towards burgers only? Any kind of burger that you can think of as long as it is easy to make and cheap?Why do they do this? they advertise as signature menu items that they once bragged about and were popular,then delete the item!

I think often it's when the restaurant gets a new head chef that the "signature" items change. We ate at Flying Fish in November for the first time and the server was telling us how the potato wrapped grouper was back on the menu after the new chef removed it because of how upset the patrons were.

That I can understand,but its like Dunkin donut or krispy cream or any doughnut chain, eliminating donuts in favor of danish or croissants because they think its trendy,and intern killing there business that they spent time,or even years to build and promote, not a very smart move

Dunkin’ Donuts are blech at best, so that’s a bad comparison (my husband is a scratch baker at an old fashioned Jewish Bakery). Dunkin is changing and wants to remove the name donuts from their name. So there is that

i think it’s a combination of new chef (like ff) and trying to reduce costs by offering the same foods everywhere. How many times has the hot dog and/or buns been changed? Remember bungate? When all white bread buns were traded for ‘healthier’ options?

I would suspect its a combination of things.
Frequently, I've seen menus change when the restaurant gets a new Head Chef and they want to put their mark on the restaurant. Also, some of the restaurants change their menus seasonally.
Cost savings certainly could be in the mix.
Patrons preferences change and it also could be that items that used to be big sellers, are no longer as popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter