Restaurants off disney property

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
We would like to try a restaurant off property this trip and wondered what is out there. I know there are chains although I'm not sure which ones and how close they are. I would appreciate any info on this.

Also if anyone has a suggestion for a great restaurant to try please let me know. I want to try the Irish restaurant mentioned in the St Patrick's Day post:) Any other good restaurants out there? Thanks:p

Here are a few of the off property restaurants that we like.

Boston's Lobster Feast - Seafood buffet that has all you can eat lobster.

Shell's - great seafood, not a buffet

Chevy's - at the crossroads, great mexican food.

There is also a really great steakhouse off property, I'll try to remember the name.

BTW all of these are near international drive.:wave:

535 and International Drive have just about every restaraunt in existence. If you're looking for places like Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville, etc, go up to Universal Citywalk. You don't need park admissions. Just park in the garages there.

:wave2: Thanks for the information. We have been to Disney so many times I have lost count but never have ventured off property to have a meal. This time we will try at least one of these . :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We go to Bahama Breeze every time we're there and love the place. It is really close. We also have discovered Romano's Macaroni Grill and enjoy going there, also.

We're going to be there for 19 days in April so Landry's is on our list to try. The menu looks good. We'll probably eat off site 3 nights during our visit.

What type of restaurant is Bahama Breeze? I have never heard of this before or of Landry's Thanks so much for the information.:teeth: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bahama Breeze has a huge menu and you can get large or small portions on many of the items. This restaurant is very different from Red Lobster and Olive Garden. The food is much much better. We go early because it is a favorite of many of the locals.
The ultimate pina colada is to die for.

Landry's is a seafood restaurant that we've heard good things about.

When I went last week we ate lunch everyday in the parks at counter service places and left for dinner. Like monarchsfan said you can find just about any place you can think of pretty close, the road we went to was 192 though. We enjoyed the food at Pizzeria Uno, Ruby Tuesday, IHOP (Stuffed french toast for dinner yummy!), and Chili's.

The only dinner we had in a park was Sci-Fi diner our first night, fantastic food there as well.

our local newspaper had a ad for ruby tuesday's this past weekend for a buy one get one free meal . think i will bring that along :bounce: :bounce:

I love Bahama Breeze. I've been to the one in Tampa (just beautiful location on the Bay!) and the one in Raleigh (not quite so picturesque!). Where is the one in Orlando?

What kind of drive time is it from WDW to Universal restaurants like HRC and Margaritaville?

There are 3 Bahama Breezes in Orlando, one in LBV, one on international drive, and one in Altamonte springs. Our favorites in the WDW area are Pebbles, Kobe, and the Crab House. If you travel down palm parkway to Sand Lake road there is a plethora of places (Roys, Ruths Chris, The Melting Pot, Timpano, Samba Room, TooJays, Seasons 52). On International drive there are to many to list.

We really like Pebbles in the Crossroads Shopping Center. Good menu and service. They have a couple of other Orlando-area locations as well.

Ralph

We were just there and ate off property as much as possible. We ate at Red Lobster and it was the best food and service we have ever gotten at a RL. Our server was Ben. We also ate breakfast for dinner at Perkin's (Crossroads plaza). Our bill was like $30 for 4 of us. Can't get lunch at WDW for that!! From OKW at Disney it took us about 15 minutes to get to Universal. We did eat lunch at Margaritaville and it was awesome. I am a big, big Jimmy fan so I was in heaven!! I had the french dip which was great. DH had Caribbean jerk chicken, DD had CB in Paradise, and DS had chicken strips. Our bill w/ tip was $50 which we found reasonable. We tried to get into Bahama Breeze, but the wait was out the door. I did notice that people eat dinner in Florida later than here in Michigan! At 7-730 they were packed. Our places get packed 5-6ish.

Are the prices of the chain restaurants in Orlando similar in price to those "at home" or are they inflated? The breakfast for dinner sounds pretty reasonable. :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We ate at two different Perkins one year. I remember one of them was on International Drive. Both of them were kind of iffy. Service was lousy, food took forever to arrive, and was cold.

Last year, we ate at Bahama Breeze on I-Drive. It was fantastic. Everything was so fresh. Service was fantastic. I think our bill (for the four of us) was around $75, but we had appetizers and specialty drinks. We plan on eating there again.

We have thought about trying the all you can eat lobster places, but have heard they are iffy. Anyone know?

Hi Chimchiminy!:wave2: ,
We eat at the Boston Lobster Feast near the Mall of Florida all the time. It has always been really good.

The Perkins that we ate at was right across from the DTD hotels. In Crossroads--with Goodings. The food was good, hot, and service was good. We found the prices to be normal. The food offered was of greater variety than Disney. It is nice to be able to offer the kids more than a burger, CB, chicken tenders, or hot dogs. When we went to Red Lobster, my 5 y.o. DS ate salmon with DH and DD got her own order of crab legs. Our bill was less than $80. The menu prices are comparable with home. Since we didn't get a chance to do Bahama Breeze down there, we will have to go to the one up here. It is about a half hour away, but we can try it and see if it is worth going to down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter