Restaurants with menus similar to Grand Floridian Cafe?

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
Looking for recommendations for Disneyworld restaurants with menus similar to Grand Floridian Cafe? Thanks! :)

What in particular did you like from their menu and are you asking for in-park only restaurants, or any on property?

Looking for recommendations for Disneyworld restaurants with menus similar to Grand Floridian Cafe? Thanks! :)
Grand Floridian is the 'premier' Deluxe Resort. In some respects, nothing compares with the 'flagship property'.

GFCafe is also full-service, but not Signature.

I am also assuming that you do not want anything inside the Parks. So:

Table Service restaurants at Deluxe Resorts:
-- Wave @ Contemporary
-- Ale & Compass @ Yacht & Beach
-- Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge

-- Kona @ Polynesian (may be too exotic in comparison)
-- Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge (may be too exotic in comparison)

Grand Floridian is the 'premier' Deluxe Resort. In some respects, nothing compares with the 'flagship property'.

GFCafe is also full-service, but not Signature.

I am also assuming that you do not want anything inside the Parks. So:

Table Service restaurants at Deluxe Resorts:
-- Wave @ Contemporary
-- Ale & Compass @ Yacht & Beach
-- Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge

-- Kona @ Polynesian (may be too exotic in comparison)
-- Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge (may be too exotic in comparison)
Thank you! Inside the parks would actually be preferred. We like the menu items such as quiche, french onion soup, cobb salad, french toast, the cafe sandwich, turkey pot pie- We're not too adventurous in the food department. Thanks again!

Thank you! Inside the parks would actually be preferred. We like the menu items such as quiche, french onion soup, cobb salad, french toast, the cafe sandwich, turkey pot pie- We're not too adventurous in the food department. Thanks again!

In the parks you'll want to head somewhere that has either standard American fare or somewhere you already know has specific items that you can order that you like. In MK I'd say the Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern for Table Service (TS). If you want a Quick Service (QS)/Counter Service(CS) I'd look at Harbour House. In EPCOT the American Pavilion has a QS; Liberty Inn, but I also think maybe check out the menu for the TS at France; Chefs de France, or the QS; Les Halles Boulangerie. I don't know HS and AK as well to match up specifics, but Brown Derby may be a good bet for you if you want TS in HS.

This may be the best advice:
In the parks you'll want to head somewhere that has either standard American fare or somewhere you already know has specific items that you can order that you like. In MK I'd say the Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern for Table Service (TS). If you want a Quick Service (QS)/Counter Service(CS) I'd look at Harbour House. In EPCOT the American Pavilion has a QS; Liberty Inn, but I also think maybe check out the menu for the TS at France; Chefs de France, or the QS; Les Halles Boulangerie. I don't know HS and AK as well to match up specifics, but Brown Derby may be a good bet for you if you want TS in HS.

Be advised, Brown Derby is a Signature (that's a higher price point).

There really is nothing inside Animal Kingdom that fits your flavor-profile.

Maybe RFC at AK ? Although it is at the front of the park.
If we're simply speaking about flavor profiles, then yes, maybe Rainforest Cafe is 'similar'.

But with respect to an adult-atmosphere and 'better' food (that is not Signature) - I think it's a stretch.

I agree that if someone/a family wants something other than the 'exotic' flavors of Tiffins at AK, then maybe RFC, but I'm not as comfortable as you are offering a recommendation to someone who has asked about something comparable to the lobster-hamburger at GFC.

Is Rainforest unique - Yes. Is it good food - Not really. Then again, I have not had a good meal, other than breakfast, at The Wave either.

But, "Different strokes," as they say.

So, OK, RFC if I had to recommend a sit-down at AK that is not exotic flavors. But the ambiance is certainly exotic - it rains.

Sure, RFC not the greatest but if you want "not adventurous" food that's an option. I'm dining at Yak and Yeti on my trip.

Yes, AK is the hard one for your preferences. Honestly, even though it sounds exotic, QS Satu'li canteen may be an option at AK (unless you want BBQ, then there are several good options in the park), as at Satu'li you can build your own "bowl" and have a choice of Beef, Chicken, Fish, or tofu and then pick; served on salad, or potato hash, or grains with rice. Then topped with whatever sauce you choose (onion chimichurri, black bean, or creamy herb). The decor is nothing like GFC, and neither is the vibe, but the bowls are actually pretty straightforward.

I am going to make some assumptions. You want a nicer quieter TS restaurant possibly at a deluxe resort and go off that. In terms of similar style and pricing:

Ale and Compass @Yacht Club
The Wave @contemporary

In terms of similiar food but more upscale I would say Citricos @Grand Floridian or Yachtsmen @Yacht Club.

maybe at the parks Brown Derby @HS

Sci Fi at the Studios is fun and unique. The burgers, shakes and onion rings are very good there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter