• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

restricted rehire questions

jenniy122

DIS Veteran
I was forced (and I mean forced, I was told I was no longer welcome at my location and they would not place my "problems" on anyone else) to quit the DCP back in April, a month before my end date. So I'm banned til Oct. 21st and the RR for the rest of my life. The reason I was forced to quit was medical. I passed out twice at work in the 3 and a half months I was there. I have a medical condition that causes passing out, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Why it started acting up in FL who knows? I was down to about once a year before that. I haven't seen a neurologist or cardiologist for the issue since being diagnosed in 2009/2010. I'm trying to find one now who will take my insurance.

Anyways I have not been employed since getting home, not for lack of trying, so I'm not going to make the 6 month consistently employed requirement for applying for Spring, though they welcomed me to apply again and would put my funds from fall (I was accepted and paid for Fall 2015) towards Spring. I want that $350 back. Not to mention the $150 for extending they won't refund either.

Is there anyone I can call and talk to about this? It seems ridiculous to punish someone for a medical condition they have no control over. Really I just want to work seasonal at my local store but I'll be a month late to apply for that, as I worked there from opening til the day I left for WDW for my program (10 months and 3 days) and that environment was very good for me.

I was also pushed out of my program for medical reasons. I couldn't get the time off work that i needed to be hospitalized.
I had just paid and accepted an extension a week before i would have to leave. I was 3 months into my program though so the only fee's i had refunded were for the extension and I emailed them immediately.
This post is a bit confusing, but from what i understand you did the Spring program and had to leave in April?
You don't get any program fee's back because you have used them up, $200 of the fees was for your rent the first 2 weeks and the other $150 is non refundable no matter what because it goes towards the program events and it is used as a deposit to hold your place.

Disney Doll, I paid my fees for the Fall Program and the Summer Extension, neither of which I participated in, that I want back. I was in the Spring and left in April, yes.

Disney Doll, I paid my fees for the Fall Program and the Summer Extension, neither of which I participated in, that I want back. I was in the Spring and left in April, yes.
The best thing you can do it call them ASAP. If they refund you it will probably only bee the housing costs, which is $200 of the Fall program deposit, the other portion of the fee's is for housing activities and it is nonrefundable.
The longer you wait to contact them about it the less likely you will be to get any refund. They are running really late on e-mails so your best off calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter