• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resturants don't seem as unique at DL

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
I know there are less resturants at DLR than at WDW but they seen not as exciting as dining options at WDW. Am I correct? Also I read in the unofficial guide to DL that there is only one full service resturant in the DL park, is this true, I thought there was like three from what I have saw online? What are the best options for dining in DL, DCA, DTD and the 3 hotels? Thanks!

Well, there are three sitdown restaurants at DL, but one of them is Club 33, it's for member's only and you don't even want to know how much membership is (and even if you can afford it, I think the waitlist is like 10 years long or something).

That leaves Carnation Cafe and Blue Bayou, but BB is closed right now for the POTC rehab, so depending on your travel dates it may not be open.

However, DTD has many sit down restaurants, and it's just a quick walk from the front gates. And the hotels each have several sit-down options. DH and I are going next month and most of our sit-down meals (not that we have many planned) will be at one of the hotels or DTD.

Space is at a premium inn DL, and i think most of us are very willing for a quick walk to DTD for sit down dining.....and saving park space for attractions!

All 3 disney hotels have some pretty good restaurants. Storytellers at the Grand is good. Goofy's kitchen is nice, it's better than Chef Mickeys. Granville's at DLH is good. I can't comment on the PP restaurants.
We have enjoyed eating at many of the Downtown Disney Restaurants. Doing a meal at dd is easier than WDW because it's in walking distance, it's very convenient.
I will have to agree that WDW has a much better restaurant selection due to Epcot and all the additional hotels.

Our recent trip to DL was short and we mainly avoided the TS restaurants, but here's our quick review on the two we tried.

PCH Grill for dinner was just awful - I don't say that lightly and neither my meal (pizza) nor my daughter's (mac and cheese) was at all good. I have seen good reviews of their breakfast, though. The scrambled eggs we got through room service were more like plastic than anything else, so I wish we'd gone downstairs to at least try the breakfast.

The Plaza Inn breakfast buffet had really good food, but was totally chaotic and it took forever (30-45 minutes for us to go through 2 lines that had maybe 10-15 people in each). I'd go again, but only if they weren't busy.

For a quick snack, the fruit bowl from the fruit stand was fresh and yummy, though. :)

For breakfast, our favorite location is Granvilles at the DLH. Good kids menu, not expensive, sit down, tablecloth service.

This is my very first post to this board - hello everyone. I wanted to mention not to overlook the counter service restaurants at DL - some of them are very good. You just have to know which ones to choose. I personally like Rancho del Zocalo and Plaza Inn. The roast beef at Plaza Inn is huge, and really yummy. And, at both of these places, you still are sitting in a not too crazy environment after you get your food. Oh, the place in New Orleans square is pretty tasty, too, although it always seems a little more crowded to me.

My place to avoid would be Club Buzz - hot, busy, and not very tasty, IMHO.

We were there in Dec. and ate at the following:

Tortilla Jo's @ DTD: we were famished--everything tasted yummy. Loved my mojito!
Blue Bayou @ DL: great location and theming; Monte Cristo sandwich was...interesting...worth sampling once
Catal @ DTD: excellent people watching at outdoor cafe--food delicious and fresh; good wine selection
Brennan's @ DTD: service non-existant; disappointed with food, although good gumbo
Restaurant at DCA--with wine bar attached--Italian--can't remember name: another lovely spot for people watching with table on patio; excellent food and wine
Goofy's Kitchen at DLH: wonderful fresh food and excellent character interaction--better by far than Chef Mickey's
We also hit the counter service area on the "Wharf" at DCA: Great chowder and sandwiches.
And loved the turkey legs and churros! :sunny:

I posted a thread "link to menus for DL restaurants" -- this has a list of eateries in DL and has all their menus (subject to change, I'm sure). It also has links to the restaurants in DTD and the hotel restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter