• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return Day

dthogue

DIS Veteran
Past cruisers please help me decide what to do: We plan on spending Saturday and Sunday after our 7 night cruise at WDW. I have plans outlined, but can not decide which way to go:

Plan 1 - arrive at the Polynesian Saturday morning and check in. If room ready great, if not we'll head to MGM for the day and Fantasmic that night. Sunday will be spent at MK and stay for the evening parade and fireworks (hopefully they will have them). Fly home on Monday.

Plan 2 - arrive at the Polynesian Saturday morning and check in. Spend some quiet time at the pool, grab a quick lunch, shower/change and head to Downtown Disney for the afternoon. Have dinner at O'hana's, then watch the night time fireworks from the beach. Spend all day Sunday at MK and then fly home on Monday.

We have never stayed at the Polynesian, but I'm also considering the Comtemporary ot maybe even the HIFS.

I'm not sure how tired we will be after the cruise. Thinking plan 2 may be the best way to go, but its hard to be so close to WDW and not spend as much time as possible there. It will be me, DH and DD, 14, 12 and 5.

Help me decide - pros and cons to both plans?

Thanks!princess:

here's what we did last year (me, dh, DS (5), DD (3)).

Off ship at 8:00 - in rental car heading towards Orlando at 8:50. Stopped at Eckerd's for cough syrup, still checked in at AKL by 10:30. Met our friends from Tampa there, deposited stuff in rooms (they were ready) and took bus to MK. Spent the majority of the day there, headed back to hotel late and ate at the food courtyard.

Sunday we took the bus to AK and spent until about 4:00 there - we left there, got the cars and went to pick up a friend near International Blvd, then to DD for dinner/shopping.

It was SO wonderful to have something to look forward to after the cruise. Definitely plan some fun activities!

This year we're heading to AKL again, but only doing one day at the parks since we'll be heading to Tampa Sunday afternoon. We'll pick the better weather day for a relaxing day at the pool + DDisney and the other day at Epcot/MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter