Returning to Hawaii in September

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
I hope it’s ok to post on here asking for non Aulani recommendations .

We will be traveling back to Hawaii in early September, and would love to go to a luau both in Maui and Kauai. We did the one at the Polynesian Cultural center in Oahu. The food was awesome, and the Ha show was amazing. So, we are hoping to find something of that caliber again. All suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcome.

Two of the highest rated luaus in Hawaii are on Maui - the Feast at Lele and Old Lahaina Luau. They're both near Front St Lahaina, not far from the Kaanapali beach region.

Old Lahaina Luau is a traditional Hawaiian luau and has options for cushion/lawn seating. Because its traditional Hawaiian, there is no fire dancing since that derives from other South Pacific cultures. In the past, it was buffet style and you were seated at communal tables, though I'm not sure what modifications have been made in the Covid era.

We opted for Feast at Lele in September 2016 and loved it. We chose it because everyone was sat at private tables and there were servers. The show was a little different where each meal course served corresponded to the type of performance on the stage at the time - for instance, during the Samoan part of the show they served Samoan fare. I think there were something like 5 or 6 courses. I'm a relatively picky eater so there were a lot of things I didn't like, but there was so much food and so many courses that I still left quite full. There is fire dancing at this show, and there was also a photographer doing sunset photos on the beach. We were able to purchase a photo from him at the end. I'd also add that at the time, Feast would assign tables in the order people booked. We booked in like March for our September trip, so our table was front and center! DH was even chosen for an audience participation moment!

I would recommend Feast to anyone, and would also not hesitate to try OLL based on the reviews I've read. I believe alcohol is included with both as well, which is differs from the one you attended at PCC.

Last edited:
Two of the highest rated luaus in Hawaii are on Maui - the Feast at Lele and Old Lahaina Luau. They're both near Front St Lahaina, not far from the Kaanapali beach region.

Old Lahaina Luau is a traditional Hawaiian luau and has options for cushion/lawn seating. Because its traditional Hawaiian, there is no fire dancing since that derives from other South Pacific cultures. In the past, it was buffet style and you were seated at communal tables, though I'm not sure what modifications have been made in the Covid era.

We opted for Feast at Lele in September 2016 and loved it. We chose it because everyone was sat at private tables and there were servers. The show was a little different where each meal course served corresponded to the type of performance on the stage at the time - for instance, during the Samoan part of the show they served Samoan fare. I think there were something like 5 or 6 courses. I'm a relatively picky eater so there were a lot of things I didn't like, but there was so much food and so many courses that I still left quite full. There is fire dancing at this show, and there was also a photographer doing sunset photos on the beach. We were able to purchase a photo from him at the end. I'd also add that at the time, Feast would assign tables in the order people booked. We booked in like March for our September trip, so our table was front and center! DH was even chosen for an audience participation moment!

I would recommend Feast to anyone, and would also not hesitate to try OLL based on the reviews I've read. I believe alcohol is included with both as well, which is differs from the one you attended at PCC.

Oh wow, this is all very helpful info. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter