Review - SSR Studio 2-8 Oct

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
I went home for the first time earlier this month. Renting a studio at SSR in the Congress Park section. It was perfect! The studio had a toaster, coffee maker, microwave, and dorm-size refrigerator. Several dixie bowls and plates were in the cupboard along with 4 glasses, 4 mugs, and several sets of plastic silverware. There was dishwashing detergent and a sponge. Plenty of towels (one towel animal) and soap. I did two loads of laundry during the week - free at the facilities by the quiet pool (2 minute walk).

I found Congress Park to be the best section - for me. It was an easy 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney (I was in the building farthest away from Downtown). I did not have a view of Downtown from my balcony but that wasn't a problem - they have a great area with rocking chairs overlooking the Downtown area, by the quiet pool.

I did rent a car for the week but used the bus service a few times. My wait varied between 3 minutes to 20 minutes. I did not think any wait was unusual or excessive.

I have another trip "home" scheduled for the end of January - in a one-bedroom.

Any questions?

No, questions, but I'm glad to hear you had such a great time! We stayed in the Congress Park section in a studio and loved it as well.

Bobbi :dog:

Thanks for the report - glad you enjoyed your stay.

You were wise to stay in the studio before you try the 1 bedroom. That studio isn't going to seem quite so nice after you spoil yourself with a 1 bedroom, LOL!

Best wishes-

esulerzy said:
Any questions?

I have a few questions:

1. What building did you stay in (you can describe in relation to the quiet pool or give a building/room number)? EDIT: Oops, I see now that you did give the building location, so can you say what room number you were in?

2. What floor were you on?

3. What view did you have from your deck? What could you see? Did you like the view?

4. Did you make any kind of request for your room ahead of time (such as DTD view or Congress Park section)?

Thanks for your report. DW and I are headed there in 12 days. Can hardly wait! :cheer2:

We're staying at SSR this week and you just answered a couple of my last minute questions
-is there laundry at the quiet pools? Yes
-are their bowls in a studio-Yes

Did they have the vending machines with laundry detergent?

Thanks.

I was in Building 25 (I think) - as you pull into the Congress Park area, I was the last building on the right. As a reference, there are two Congress Park buildings on the left of the quiet pool (as you face the buildings while in the parking lot) and two buildings to the right of the quiet pool.

I was on the first floor with a view of shrubbery; flowers, etc. The only request I made was for non-smoking (medical reasons). I do intend to add a request to my January reservation - for Congress Park. I like being within walking distance to Downtown.

The laundry room had a machine for soap powder - $1.00. I think it was a choice between Tide or Cheer. No dryer sheets were for sale. I had my own soap powder, so I didn't buy any. The wash machine cycle was 30 minutes and the dry cycle was 30 minutes. In Congress Park, there were two washers and four dryers. Never anybody else in the room when I went.

Thanks for posting - one question - did you use your backpack? :banana:
I'll be using the tote for our trip to SSR in 32 days!

Patricia721 said:
Thanks for posting - one question - did you use your backpack? :banana:
I'll be using the tote for our trip to SSR in 32 days!

YES! Loved it! Hope the tote works out for you just as well....

You said you had a 5 min walk to DTD. Did you make any treks to the Carriage House/main pool? If so about how long of a walk was that?

uicbear said:
You said you had a 5 min walk to DTD. Did you make any treks to the Carriage House/main pool? If so about how long of a walk was that?

I did walk there; it took me about 2-3 minutes. Not far at all; just across the bridge.

I was at SSR for just about the same time period (10/3-10/9). I did have one legitimate complaint--the pillows in our studio. They were like rocks.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay. It was our first trip home and I'm spoiled. We moved to Wilderness Lodge for two nights, and not having the refrigerator in our room was torture.

I had asked for a DTD view, but when we checked in they said they were booked solid. At least I got a nice water view. And if I stretched out a bit over the balcony and looked to the left, I could see some of DTD.

Our next trip will be a combination of a two-bedroom at BWV, which we're sharing with some friends. They're staying for four days, and after they leave I'll be moving to a studio at OKW.

cobbler said:
What kind of SSR logo things do they have in the giftshop there?

They had nice mens and womens polo shirts (white with blue on the collar and the logo was navy blue). Tee shirts in maroon; white/light blue; and long sleeve tees in gray with navy writing.

Also had plenty of DVC logo'd stuff - windbreakers; car decals; key chains; insulated tote bags; etc.

I got a nice wooden cut out (similar to cats meow) of SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter