• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review: Three Filets in Three Days

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
DH and I went to WDW for a quick weekend trip for our anniversary. Just thought I would give a quick review of the filet's I had. We ate at the California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Jiko. I had the Filet Mignon at all three (just happened to be the entree that appealed to me). Here is how I would rate them:

1. Jiko.... Great steat very flavorful, cooked to perfection, and the mac and cheese side is wonderful! Had the bbq chicken flatbread as an appetiser which was also great.

2. California Grill... Also a great steak, the three cheese potato gratin was to die for! Lovely view also. Had the romaine salad before, it was ok.

3. Yachtsman Steakhouse... Everything was very good, just didn't stand out or have the flavor of the other two. DH had the Porterhouse here, he enjoyed it, it was HUGH! They made a bangin' gin and tonic though! I also had the lobster bisque which was very good.

So for me Jiko won hands down for their filet, with CG coming in a close sesond. Yachtsman was ok, but probably wouldn't return.

great review. always read about people asking about different steaks. your post should be required reading.

Great idea for a post :thumbsup2
I love Jiko, so it's always nice to hear a great review. I love CG as well. Never tried Yachtsman - too bad their filet didn't stand out.
Sounds like a fun trip. You certainly had some great dining experiences :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter