• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reviews from My trip - Enjoy!

brymolmom

DIS Veteran
It is me, dh, ds4, dd2 and dsister. We had free dining plan.

My reviews:

ABC Commissary(MGM: CS) – Needed a quick bite before Fantasmic. We got a burger and fries and fish and chips to share. Desserts were ice cream bars. Very basic and served our needs – one weird thing to note: When I asked if I could get dessert later (so the ice cream wouldn’t melt) the CM told me that they had to give it to me then, but if it was too melted when I wanted to eat it just to bring it back to the counter and they would replace it. Kind of a strange policy and not very cost efficient to give 2 away for the price of one.

Tony’s (MK: TS) – We went for lunch and I have to admit to being a little disappointed seeing the new menu. I had added this as a last minute schedule change a couple weeks before my trip and saw on the allears menu that there were some things like meatball and chicken parm sandwiches for lunch. Well…when I showed the menu had changed – nothing like these sandwiches on the menu. It was mostly dinner-type fare including a prime rib for like $25. I liked what I got but I was disappointed because I had been looking forward to the sandwich. My kids split a pasta kids meal and it was no problem and the server brought an extra plate. They also split the dessert.

POP Food Court – We ate here for a few meals. It was standard, nothing stand-out. I was very disappointed to find inconsistency in the dessert policy. I wanted to return after my meal for dessert and was ‘allowed’ to do so once and another time had to go to two different CM cashiers to get one to do it and then another day wasn’t allowed at all (even after calling manager). I think they need to do something about this. I mean- since it’s free it’s not a big deal to me if I have melted ice cream or no ice cream, but if I paid $38 for this meal plan – I would be very upset if I couldn’t get the dessert I wanted (without it being ruined). They need to come up with vouchers at the registers to redeem at the ice cream counter or something.

Pinocchio Village Haus(MK: TS) – My FAVORITE CS meal of the trip. DH and I split the turkey and bacon Panini (very tasty and big) and a snack of the Figaro fries. They let me get a milkshake as my dessert which was thick enough to put into a bowl for the kids to eat as ice cream. We had a great table overlooking Small World and the kids loved waving to all the passengers.

Playhouse Disney Character Meal at Hollywood & Vine (MGM; TS) – Loved this meal. We had breakfast which was yummy (yogurt, fruit, cereal, eggs, a couple potato choices, waffles, etc.) – the characters were great and I especially liked the singing and dancing. Lots of fun.

Cinderella Royal Table (MK: TS – 2 credits each) – This was likely my biggest disappointment of the trip. I had my dd2 dressed in her princess dress and was excited for it. Has anyone else done this one and felt like you were cattle being herded?? We checked in at the desk 10 minutes prior to our ADR time. Then we were put into a line to the side of the desk but with the exit from the restaurant on the other side so we were squeezed in between people checking in and people exiting. AND – the CM’s tried to get us to squeeze together more as they had more people checking in. Next, into the lobby and the greeting area for C herself. Well, here again we are reminded a couple times to stand ‘side by side’ with our family and get right up behind the people in front of us. I am NOT one of those people who gets right behind someone in line (I like to give some personal space) so I think the woman was talking to me a few of the reminders. Come on – we’re paying a lot for this meal we shouldn’t have to feel like sardines while we wait! Now, this wasn’t anyone’s fault, but Cinderella was not feeling well and had to take a couple breaks while we were in line (I felt really bad for her – she looked like she wanted to be home in bed). I was very surprised that there was not a backup person in place – the line that they were so intent to keep moving and keep together had to wait, wait wait for her to come back to get moving again. Then, we finally got to her and got upstairs for breakfast – it was okay. Maybe I was too disappointed already to get the best viewpoint – but the food was decent and the characters were decent but I still did NOT consider it worth 2 TS.

Chef Mickey (Contemporary; TS) – Second time we’ve done this and we’ve loved it both times. This time it was our last TS meal of the trip and it was nice to see Mickey himself just before the end of our trip. Food great – characters great. We were there at the end of breakfast (11:10am) and the CM’s were very considerate making sure we had visited with all the characters prior to them putting them ‘away’ at the end of breakfast time. We will do this again!

Seasons (EPCOT – The Land; CS) – Okay I guess this one is tied for my favorite CS of the trip. We ALMOST went to Electric Umbrella because my dd was close to sleeping in the stroller and they won’t let strollers into the LAND, but we decided to keep her awake long enough for lunch. I am SO GLAD we did. There are so many different CS choices here. My sister had a chicken ceasar salad which was great – I had a turkey sandwich with some chipotle and a big fruit side. Kids had a make your own sandwich deal. My only gripe here is that things are not labeled as well as other places – so it is more confusing to figure out what to get with the DP. I was told that my ‘side’ was anything from the cooler section, but when I selected a fruit and cheese plate, I was told at the register that it was an entrée, not a side. DH was told he didn’t get a side with his sandwich. So, confusing but worth it for the choices!

Coral Reef (EPCOT: TS) – The food was great! We really loved this place. I got the lobster soup – WONDERFUL and dh got the fish soup which he LOVED. All the adults got steaks which we loved and the kids split a kids pasta meal – there was plenty. The adults were too full for dessert so we used one adult dessert to get a second kid dessert. The kids both got make your own sundae which was very cool and cute the way they do it. We will go back here again even without the DP.

Restaurantosarus (AK; CS) – this is a character meal for breakfast only – we went for lunch for CS. Okay I didn’t realize when we went in that it was a McDonald’s, we just wanted someplace inside to get out of the heat and away from the love bugs. I thought I’d throw a review just so people know it exists and that it is an option. It is nice and cool and there is a 10 pc nuggets meal that my kids split with me. Not as many choices as a regular McD’s but a few. And right across from the Boneyard playground so it’s convenient if you have little ones.

Great review!

I didn't realise the Restaurantosarus was a McDonald's either and we were thinking about doing the character breakfast there - is it just like a McDonald's or is there Disney theming inside? I'm not sure I want to have breakfast at McDonald's while I'm at Disney!

I didn't know there was a Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast at the Hollywood & Vine! It sounds really good for my (nearly) two year old- what sorts of characters were at it?

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Bonnie151 said:
Great review!

I didn't realise the Restaurantosarus was a McDonald's either and we were thinking about doing the character breakfast there - is it just like a McDonald's or is there Disney theming inside? I'm not sure I want to have breakfast at McDonald's while I'm at Disney!

I didn't know there was a Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast at the Hollywood & Vine! It sounds really good for my (nearly) two year old- what sorts of characters were at it?

We did this Character Breakfast last time we were there and although it does serve McDonalds food from lunch on, it doesn't in anyway resemble the Golden Arches. We sat in an area that almost looked like a cabin, the place fits in with the Animal Kingdom and the character interaction was great along with our silly server. :)

Bonnie151 said:
Great review!

I agree with the pp, for the character breakfast (which we've done) - we LOVED it! And will likely do it again.

For the playhouse disney breakfast - it is Jojo, Goliath, Leo and June (from Little Einsteins). They have CM's come out and 'lead' songs every 15 minutes or so - they sang some JoJo songs, the Little Einsteins theme song and a couple others. It was a lot of fun! i highly recommend it - especially with an almost 2 year old.

brymolmom said:
POP Food Court – We ate here for a few meals. It was standard, nothing stand-out. I was very disappointed to find inconsistency in the dessert policy. I wanted to return after my meal for dessert and was ‘allowed’ to do so once and another time had to go to two different CM cashiers to get one to do it and then another day wasn’t allowed at all (even after calling manager). I think they need to do something about this. I mean- since it’s free it’s not a big deal to me if I have melted ice cream or no ice cream, but if I paid $38 for this meal plan – I would be very upset if I couldn’t get the dessert I wanted (without it being ruined). They need to come up with vouchers at the registers to redeem at the ice cream counter or something.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. I guess the only solution is to eat dessert first! :teeth: :p

Great reviews! I'm so impressed you already have yours done. I'm still composing mine and I want to include some pictures so I'm going through the 900+ digital pix I took.

We too had mostly great meals. And with sharing we were able to do 3 2TS. They were all very good! We did Calif. Grill (with Wishes); Brown Derby (my mom loves Cobb salad-I think it should be a 1 TS though); and my new fav. Signature Restaurant-Narccoossee's. :thumbsup2 We ate here the last night and it was wonderful! They also have a view of Wishes (which we didn't know and it even made it more special). One quick note, we did pay OOP for my DD7 meals at these 3 restaurants since she doesn't eat appies and usually only wants ice cream for dessert. It was no problem at any of the restaurants (except Narccoossee's made a mistake on the credits which we were able to correct the next a.m. at POP concierge). Actually, all 3 of our servers acted like this is done on a fairly regular basis. They weren't surprised at all.

We were at WDW from 9/23 to 3/30 on the wonderful DDP. We also ate at Cinderella's Royal Table and were very disappointed with the changes and also agree with you that the restaurant is not worth two credits.

The photograph with Cinderella is nice and the "dinner show" is okay, but they do not make that particular restaurant worth two dinner credits. The food and service are not as good as they were last year. They have made the restaurant into a herd the people in, feed them, and get them out.

The prime rib is okay, but it did not seem as good as last years. They have changed the potatoes to a Potatoes Au Gratin and I really did not like them. The cheese used in the dish had a very sharp taste that we did not really like. The service was okay, but not as good. It took a while to get drink refills and usually you had to ask. At dessert, the flatware was thrown in the middle of the table instead of placed by your setting. These things along with a few other things severely affected the quality of the service.

The so called dinner show was cute, but I could have lived easily without the show. The two mice from Cinderella come in and dance around and then later the Fairy Godmother came and sang a song.

A CM told me that all the restaurants were going to go to an easier menu in order to get more people in and out of the restaurants. He said that the chefs were very upset with the move. I think that it is a complete mistake. Maybe we could find someone to write at Disney to petition a stop to this change. I think they need to build more restaurants and retain the philosophy of the past, quality, original foods served with quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter