Richard Petty Driving experiance

modus

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever done the Richard Petty Driving before? Is it worth the money? Thinking about giving it to my hubby for xmas. We are going to be in Disney World in June.

He's a typical "type A" personality - all or nothing. He loved it. He was thinking it wouldn't be fast enough to have any fun - but he thought it was great! There were about 4 other people there when he did it, so he didn't wait too long. He considered it the highlight of his trip. I think he did the $300 package (or within that price range) - the one without the class. Have fun!

Is there a webpage with information on how to book it, and when it is offered, etc.?

Thanks!
DJ

(DH saw it on a Travel Channel special about WDW Secrets and now he wants to do it!)

the website is the same as their phone number 1800bepetty.com

I gave the Rookie Experience to my fiance as a gift and he absolutely loved it!!! Definitely worth the money.

My DH just did the 8 lap experience on Oct 29. My DD and I surprised him with it as his early Christmas Gift. He enjoyed it so much, but be warned - he keeps talking about wanting to do the big $$$$ one. His fastest lap speed was 123.25 mph. Now he wants to go faster!!!!!

Melinda

Modus, we think alike. I'm also thinking about giving this to DH for CHristmas. We go in May. What I'm worried about, though, is the heat. Will it be too hot for DH to truly enjoy the experience at that time of year? How far ahead do you need to book ressies?

I'm giving this to my husband also for christmas. The kids are chipping in with me (Got to love them),
Did you know you can save 10% with a orlando magic card. You can order them online @ orlandoinfo.com. When I told my daughter I'm going to save 10% she said "Cool, does that mean I don't have to chip in." Kids, you got to love them.

When I called up the woman who answered the phone stated I should give him a gift cert. and when it gets closer to the dates call up for an appt. If it's holiday season she suggests making a appt. as soon as you know your dates. You can cancel and make a new appt for up to one year. I'm making our appt for early on in my trip (Just in case the weather isn't good.) They do this twice a day 8am & 1pm. No appts. are given for tues & thurs.

Melinda. I'm so glad yur DH enjoyed his drive.
Can I ask you a question-
At any point were you worried about his driving? My MIL is driving me crazy. She thinks this isn't safe and I shouldn't give this to him. My husband drives a tracter trailer for a living so I wasn't concerned till she started in with me. Gina

Gina - I was not worried one bit about safety - they have every safety device you can imagine. Of course reading over the forms gave me a little anxiety (just like when you go to the hospital for surgery). They have an instructor driving a car in front of DH and they will not let you go any faster than they feel is comfortable. They also have an inspector that checks every car after each driver drives.

Hope that helps -

Melinda

Originally posted by funhouse8

Did you know you can save 10% with a orlando magic card. You can order them online @ orlandoinfo.com. When I told my daughter I'm going to save 10% she said "Cool, does that mean I don't have to chip in." Kids, you got to love them.
I have also been thinking about giving this to DH for Christmas. This is good to know!! I just went on-line and ordered the card.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter