• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride Photos - Say Cheese

JJS2K3

Mouseketeer
We go on a lot of coasters and like to purchase the photo's they take - usually near the bottom of the big drop :earseek: While I go on all the coasters I'm pretty much a "white-knuckler" except for the part where they take your picture (I put my arms up for a few seconds and look brave ;)). My DW has no such fears and always has a big smile for the camera :teeth:

So my questions are:

On what rides do they take these photos and at what point of those rides does the picture actually get taken?

I don't know when on each ride they take your picture but I do know some of the rides that have pictures.
Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror
Test Track
Those are the only ones coming to mind right now, maybe somebody else knows some more.

A few other places were pictures are taken on the rides:

AK- Dinosaur
MK- Buzz Lightyear ride

On Splash Mountain, the picture is taken at the very end where the last big drop occurs. Your log has already crested the edge and you are in the middle of the waterfall- so if you are brave and feel comfortable going it over the edge- you will be smilin' pretty for the camera in the middle! ;)

Have fun!

Buzz Lightyear takes your pic?!? Since when!?

Test Track takes it as you are about to crash into the wall, prior to exiting the showhouse.

ToT takes it at the begining of the "big drop," however this was during its past programming phase, so this may have changed since...

Dinosaur takes it as you are going down a drop near the Carnotaurus (sp?)

ALSO,

Dis/MGM - Rock 'n' RollerCoaster takes it at the start (the 0-75 mph-or-whatever part)

Rumor has it that Mission: Space takes it, but since I have not experienced it, I don't know when/where or even IF.

We love doing ridiculous poses even if we don't plan to buy it! :duck:

We went Oct 18-25th and they took our pic on Buzz Lightyear. We didnt buy it though. $16.95 is too expensive for me for a picture.

No picture on Mission Space. I predict you'll have a lot of trouble putting your arms up and looking brave for the Rock 'n Roller Coaster's picture. It's a very intense moment, and it's at the beginning.

I don't know how many people you have, but we have requested having no other people in our vehicle on Test Track and Splash so the picture is just our family. ToT picture includes a lot of strangers. The coaster only has four people -- a problem for families of 5. I don't know how many people are in the Buzz photo, but I would guess that it's only a couple.

DH and I figure out where all of the cameras are and do funny poses or faces. On our SM photo we look really bored and on RnR we have huge scream faces. SM the pic is taken at the top right before the drop, RnR is at the beging right as you are taking off and ToT I believe is before the first or second drop. You will be able to figure it out because there will be a flash.

:earsgirl:

We buy them at all the rides! They are expensive - but priceless to see my BIL crouching down with fear on Dinosaur! DH loves to make faces also - but I like to see the other people in the car with us who are on their first ride! Some of the expressions have been hysterical!

I find I take fewer and fewer photos each trip, so these are great to have! We also always have our picture taken going into AK with the Tree of Life as the background.

Some restaurants take them as well - now those are REALLY expensive!

We bought the pictures taken at Buzz' just last week. We didnt realize they did pictures until we got out and there they were. We had to buy 2 sets of them, but got a discount on the 2nd set. We had 2 "fully" grown adults and a 3 year old in one car and then another "fluffy" in the car behind us. They turned out pretty good

The only problem with buying photos is having to carry them around. We got a couple for our scrapbooks while at Animal Kingdom on the Dinosaur ride. The second time we rode it, we knew to make great faces, but the rest of our ride group looked bored. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter