• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rider Switch with Genie+

twoolle

DIS Veteran
Can someone with experience share how RS is working with Genie+? Let's say SDD. I know if 1st group goes thru LL then everyone needs LL and I'm fine with that. But when is the group eligible to book their next LL after tapping in? How does the non rider get tapped in to "use" their LL so they can book the next one with the rest of the group? Especially with rides that require 2 taps? We typically save the RS for later in the day as riding back to back is not ideal for our family. We are going to HS tomorrow and I can't seem to figure this out!

Can someone with experience share how RS is working with Genie+? Let's say SDD. I know if 1st group goes thru LL then everyone needs LL and I'm fine with that. But when is the group eligible to book their next LL after tapping in? How does the non rider get tapped in to "use" their LL so they can book the next one with the rest of the group? Especially with rides that require 2 taps? We typically save the RS for later in the day as riding back to back is not ideal for our family. We are going to HS tomorrow and I can't seem to figure this out!
You can't save rider swaps for later in the day anymore. You use it or lose it right away. They expire.

You can't save rider swaps for later in the day anymore. You use it or lose it right away. They expire.
Dumb question but I've never had to use this before now, but do you have to stay put in a designated place, or can you roam about while your friends wait 120 minutes for Star Wars?

Dumb question but I've never had to use this before now, but do you have to stay put in a designated place, or can you roam about while your friends wait 120 minutes for Star Wars?
"Party 2" (the waiting parent and small child) may go/do whatever they wish -- snack, restroom break, another attraction, etc.

"Party 2" (the waiting parent and small child) may go/do whatever they wish -- snack, restroom break, another attraction, etc.
That's great news!! I couldn't imagine my 2 year old and mommy standing in a small area for 90 minutes. LOL

Thanks!!

What is the expiration time generally?
We were just in Disneyland and we could only hold one rider swap at a time but it didn't really expire

OP here...we took our trip at the end of November. ALL of our rider switch passes expired end of day. We used it a ton. When entering via the LL we were never asked if waiting members also had LL (we always did have one anyways) and I ended up having to cancel the waiting member in order to book another LL after tapping in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter