• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rides at parks

Arkiegirl

Mouseketeer
Which rides (at all 4 parks) need to be top on our list and can you provide a discription.

I will have an 11 and 13 yr old that will want the big thrills
A 9 yr old who is not quit as brave but likes rides.

I have heard a lot of names of rides posted but really dont have know much about what you do on each.

Is there a 3-D type ride/show (maybe even called a 4D or 5D) that has realistic things happen to you--what park?

Okay I'll tackle the MK rides, lol

Magic Kingdom Rides:

Space Mountain, this is a roller coaster that is indoors. It is suppose to be like you are flying through space. Very 70'ish but still a cool ride and a must do.

Splash Mountain: EXCELLENT ride, a MUST DO! Log type of ride, through water with a HUGE drop at the end. However, the most entertaining part is inside, very cute. I think your 9 yo just may like this one.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Out door coaster that is suppose to be a runaway train through the mines. It's cool, not very fast, but lots of fun. I think the 9 yo could handle this one too.

Buzz Lightyear Spin: This is a ride that is almost like a video game when you get inside. You sit in a car and you have a laser gun attached to it. You try to hit Zurg and all his nutty friends for points. The ride spins when you pull the handle that is in the middle of the two guns (this ride is really for only two at a time). It's a lot of fun. Oh the 9 yo will definitely LOVE this one!

Winnie the Pooh: A cute little ride that you hop in a cart and go through hundred acre woods with Winnie the Pooh and friends. I really don't want to tell you too much because that would spoil it. Just know that kids of all ages love this ride.

Peter Pan: You hop in a pirate ship and YOU CAN FLY YOU CAN FLY YOU CAN FLY! Okay well it makes you look like you can, lol. This is also a ride for everyone in the family.

Haunted Mansion: Well just what it sounds like, lol. You do ride through this one most of the time too. I really don't want to tell you too much about the rides because it will spoil the fun.

There is a new show called Philharmagic or something like that and that is suppose to be 4D and that is for the whole family too. It is new and I haven't experienced it yet, but a friend of mine did and she LOVED it!

Well, there is my list, there are lots more of TO DO's in the MK, too many to list.

HAVE FUN!

I can give you a short list for MGM & Epcot. :D

MGM:
Tower of Terror- Drop 13 stories again & again

Rock N Roller Coaster - A roller coaster that is inside and plays ArrowSmith music real loud.

Star Tours-Rollicking simulator, to the moon of endor and back.
(not a thrill ride, your 9yrd. shoul be ok)

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular- Shows how thoes amazing stunts are created, based on the famous Indiana Jones films.

Great Movie Ride- Relive magical moments in film.(Great family ride, very slow ride)

Muppet Vision 3-D - A 25-minute, 3-d show filled with Jim Henson's muppets' zaniness.

Epcot:
Mission Space- Simulator ride to the moon(still in soft opening i think)

Spaceship Earth- A slow moving ride of the history of communcations, that is inside the hugh silver ball(for lack of a better description) as soon as you enter the park.

Test Track- High speed car ride through an automobile testing lab.

Honey I shrunk the audience- Special effects 3-D movie

Ellen's Energy Adventure- Dark, but gentle ride past Audio-Animatronics dinosaurs, includes wide- screen movie on energy.

Go to your library and look for the WDW guide books, they usually have good descriptions about each ride and then you can decide which would be right for your family. the Unofficial Guide to WDW has been very hepful to us in the past.:D

I just rode the new Mission Space. It was AWSOME!!! I'm not a "thrill rider" either.

::yes::

There are books and websites that have tons of information on WDW's attractions. In fact, you're on one of them right now! Just click on the Theme Park Ino link at the top of the page. Then click on the park you want to go to, and select the section of the park or attraction you'd like to learn more about. For instance, an example of a 4D movie experience would MuppetVision 3D, at Disney-MGM Studios, which you can find here: MuppetVision 3D
There are also a great selection of guidebooks at your library or bookstore. The new guidebooks for next year usually come out this month.
Good luck and have fun!

We just returned last night so I may be able to help...went with two nieces (15 and 14), son (9) who likes roller coasters but is generally timid about life, and a daughter (7)

Hands down favorite of all who went was Rock N Roller Coaster (6 year old didn't try it). Also, all of them went on Mission Space at least once and thought it was incredibly awesome (although it did throw some people's equilibrium off). Six year old even loved it.

Space Mountain is a must--might be a good one to test out on the 9 year old since even me (who doesn't like roller coasters) doesn't mind it much because it's in the dark and you can't see what's about to happen to you.

Splash was a huge hit with all of us.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Epcot can be quite frightening (I think). But just tell your 9 year old to close his eyes when it gets scary.

Just some thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter