Rideshare and luggage question

underminer

Mouseketeer
So we are flying for the first time from PHX to SNA (Usually we drive but flights are cheap and gas is expensive…go figure:). We will arrive about 9am and will Uber to the park. We can’t check in until later and our hotel is about a mile from the parks. Would you:
a) Uber directly to the park and put the carry-on bags in a locker (do they make lockers that big?)
Or
b) Uber to the hotel and see if they can hold them and then get another Uber to the parks?
Thanks for any advice on this smallish dilemma!:)

Most hotels will store your bags for you. I usually get early flights in and go straight to my hotel to drop my bags. Sometimes they even have a room ready! Then I head to the parks.

So we are flying for the first time from PHX to SNA (Usually we drive but flights are cheap and gas is expensive…go figure:). We will arrive about 9am and will Uber to the park. We can’t check in until later and our hotel is about a mile from the parks. Would you:
a) Uber directly to the park and put the carry-on bags in a locker (do they make lockers that big?)
Or
b) Uber to the hotel and see if they can hold them and then get another Uber to the parks?
Thanks for any advice on this smallish dilemma!:)

We put our carry-ons in the park lockers once to get a little extra park time, but it was a bit of a hassle -- security will want to search your carry-ons the same way they would a backpack and they were not thrilled with doing that and you're dragging it around longer (it's a ways from the Harbor dropoff to the lockers). The extra Uber/lyft likely be the about the same as the locker cost, so I'd vote for that alternative.

I would also go directly to the hotel/motel and ask them to hold your luggage, BUT, call the hotel/motel and make sure they can do that. We were surprised this weekend when we stayed at the Clementine and it turned out that they do not have a bag check service - we had to wait until the room was ready which meant a delay in getting to the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter