Rideshare waits at MCO

MinnieFan4ever

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hey guys! Does anyone have any recent experience taking a rideshare from MCO lately. I have read that waits are taking longer and was looking for recent reviews.

Hey guys! Does anyone have any recent experience taking a rideshare from MCO lately. I have read that waits are taking longer and was looking for recent reviews.
They wait in a holding area close by, so it is as long as it takes to get through the airport traffic. Five minutes maybe for my trip a couple of weeks ago on a Friday afternoon (a bit of surge pricing going on then)

Wait times are highly variable. It really all depends on when you are arriving and how many drivers are in the area. Its not really possible to forecast your experience.

There were reports when they changed the waiting area policy a few months ago, with longer waits for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday traffic, but personally I have not had any long waits.

We went from the airport to Universal last month, it wasn’t more than 10 minutes.

I used rideshare from MCO to my resort on 3/1. I only had to wait a couple minutes for a car. And it was backed up for cars coming into the area (with part of a lane blocked off (according to my driver)) which was making it a little harder to meet up. According to the uber app, I requested the ride at 4:05 and the actual ride started at 4:12 and part of that time was my driver and I trying to meet in a spot he could stop in.

I used rideshare from MCO to my resort on 3/1. I only had to wait a couple minutes for a car. And it was backed up for cars coming into the area (with part of a lane blocked off (according to my driver)) which was making it a little harder to meet up. According to the uber app, I requested the ride at 4:05 and the actual ride started at 4:12 and part of that time was my driver and I trying to meet in a spot he could stop in.

how much did you pay for the ride if you don't mind me asking? and what time of the day was that?

how much did you pay for the ride if you don't mind me asking? and what time of the day was that?

My Uber ride was $43.10 + tip. It was late afternoon (4-4:15ish pickup) on a Friday. We did caught in some traffic slowdowns, but nothing too bad.

The ride back to the airport the following Friday afternoon (probably more like 4:30-4:45ish pickup) was $35.96 + tip. There was some traffic back to the airport but not quite as much as coming from the airport.

I am thinking there was a little bit of surge pricing at that time of day, but not a significant amount difference.

My Uber ride was $43.10 + tip. It was late afternoon (4-4:15ish pickup) on a Friday. We did caught in some traffic slowdowns, but nothing too bad.

The ride back to the airport the following Friday afternoon (probably more like 4:30-4:45ish pickup) was $35.96 + tip. There was some traffic back to the airport but not quite as much as coming from the airport.

I am thinking there was a little bit of surge pricing at that time of day, but not a significant amount difference.
not bad.

I am still debating whether I should hire private transportation or just take an uber. My kids are older now, so We would not need a stroller anymore, so uber could work out

not bad.

I am still debating whether I should hire private transportation or just take an uber. My kids are older now, so We would not need a stroller anymore, so uber could work out

I was solo for my March trip, so it did not make sense to do a car service. I have used Cast and Crew Transportation last year when I had my parents + 3 suitcases + 2 mobility devices. And they were great and I will totally use them again when I have my parents. But as a solo, it made sense to choose a less expensive route and I am not a Mears fan.

We use Tiffany Towncar for transportation to/from MCO. Always there waiting and never any issues. They also do a supermarket stop if you want. We order groceries ahead of time and pick them up.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We have been using Lyft for several years without a problem but read an article that it was problematic as of late.

My wait for a Lyft ride was about 10 minutes when I arrived at the OIA Brightline station a couple of weeks ago. $48 altogether (ride + tip).

Thanks everyone for your responses. We have been using Lyft for several years without a problem but read an article that it was problematic as of late.
Yeah - I have concerns for both Uber and Lyft, but it has not stopped me from using them.

In the end I think it far safer than a taxi, even if multiple drivers share the same vehicle.
At least there is a record of it.
In the end Id say it similar to a service in that aspect.

My bigger issues with it are lack of language and people not have an option to exclude pickup trucks.
I do not want to put my luggage in the back of a pickup truck where it can be stolen very easily at a stoplight.

As to the Op - as others have said its very quick - like 5 minutes most of the time and they a re probably onsite in a waiting area...of course you are paying an MCO fee for that it seem.
I broke it down an another thread in the last week or so...I see if I can find those specifics.

Its also about half the price to get back to MCO.

Edit from one of my other posts:

My trip in the last two weeks (MCO to Universal):
From MCO to Dockside (without tip 42 and change) - 8PM on a Thursday
Fair - 36.30
Toll - 2.11
Booking Fee - 8.27
MCO Surcharge - 7
Promotion - -10.74

Return from Dockside: (without tip 21 plus change) (5AM on a Wednesday)
Trip -20.58
Toll - 2.11
Booking Fee - 3.22
Promotions (there is often flash sales with uber) - -7.17

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter