RIGHT! I need you help on possible trip next month!!!!

Theresa Hudson

Annoyingly Organised
I'm not sure about this (I think I may have gone a bit mad).

I saw these flight prices on Expedia, going 30th March 2002, returning 11th April 2002. Total for 2 adults and 1 child, with taxes <b>£1290.45</b>. Is that good?? I have reserved this until midnight tomorrow. It is a Continental flight, but it says operated by Virgin, so that will be Virgin, won't it?? Outgoing flight number VS015, return VS016.

Now we still have annual passes from December and I have the Universal passes I bought (but they don't cover Sea World).

Now, I need to price some accommodation and car hire and then see if I can get the time off work (Dana is on holiday, so that should be fine).

How much do you think it would all work out to?? We already have a week booked in Spain for July, it would mean 9 days off work (which I wouldn't need special permission for). That would leave me 3 days to have between Christmas and New Year.

What have I missed?? (sorry if this is frantic, I'm in a panic) I'm a bit worried about the total cost.

Does anyone else worry about what their parents say when you tell them? God, will I ever not worry about my parents approval :rolleyes:

Hi Teresa

Not sure about Spring Break, but that is peak season as it is Easter Saturday that you fly out so it is going to be pretty booked up at the Disney Resorts I would imagine for the forthcoming week. Are you planning on saying on-site?

We have never stayed on site before, it would be nice. We could do a villa, as well. I wonder if the Villa we had in December is free??

I need the best value. I am not sure if we can afford this, you know what it is like with all the little bits and bobs, it soon adds up to a lot of money.

Theresa

Theresa,

I think Easter is a very busy time, but it's not impossible. Why not try one of the off-site hotels - or even priceline? If you do priceline for the disney area you will either get a downtown disney hotel or one very nearby (it's not guaranteed to be DD).

Or try Expedia and see which hotels have availability - maybe you could do a couple of nights onsite at the end of the holiday, that's what we are doing - if you are flying out on Easter Saturday then things may have calmed down a little 10 days later.

Bev

Theresa, I've just tried Hotel Discounts for your dates and they have quite a few options - including some at Downtown Disney.

they have availability but it says that because of the citywide sell out that week that they are non-refundable so you wouldn't be able to change your mind.

might be worth a look,

Bev

Thanks Bev, I'll have a look at that!

On Expedia I have found Four Points by Sheraton Lakeside for a total of £631.34.

How I wish we were on our own boards, then I could have done a search.

Presuming I can get the hire car (can have a smaller one for just 3 of us) for about £250.00, then that will not be much over £2,000 which will be good.

Keep 'em coming.

Theresa,

there was a question about the 4 points Sheraton last week and I think it was Caroley who said they had stayed there quite a few times and it was v. nice.

we are getting our car from Choice Air and it's £268 for 16 days that's the smallest one and it's from Miami so the price may be different from Orlando, but I thought it was pretty reasonable.

Bev

What I would do is find somewhere off site that you are happy to stay at if it came to it, unless it is an Expedia Special Rate or something where you pay up front, it is usually the same cancellation policy as if you booked something at say Disney CRO direct. ie. You can cancel up until a couple of days before. Book off-site, and then keep Dreams trying the Disney dates for you anyway...if the dates become available, then just cancel the off-site reservation. Keeps your options open that way.

Hope it all works out and you get to go! :)

Penny :)

Ps. Mazzy, what we call Easter, is what the American's call Spring Break.

I thought I would pre-warn my Mum that we have got this great deal and are considering going again and she said very disapprovingly, 'You have to stop this, what this year, you are mad' :( :( :(

Am I mad? We haven't got the savings for this, I think it would work out at around £2,200 +spends, so say £3,000. We have a week booked in Spain in July and were looking to go back to WDW in August 2003. We do need to do some things to the house this year, but we were looking at going away for a week later on in the year, and I think that would be around £1200 + spends, but we would probably have food with that.

HELP!

BTW Mazzy, I wasn't sure of that either!

Theresa -

if you're mad, then so am I! I found cheap flights and booked them before i even considered the rest of the costs (not clever but true)

I've managed to get a good deal on a villa through a friend and am planning on getting the 10 day passes for £199 + Seaworld annual passes for $50.

Also the car will be £268, and there are a couple of extra hotel nights that I've booked (3 at AKL and one the first night we are in Miami) - total cost, I haven't actually added it all up! But it will be more than I can afford - so.... I've sold some shares that we were given when I started working here - I'm waiting for the money to come through before I can book anything else, which is why everything is planned but not booked yet.

I'm working on a rock bottom spending money budget of $75/day - that's for everything. I am hoping that we can stick to that.

We are also in the middle of selling our house, although we are 'downsizing' so we will actually be better off after we move than we are now.

Sometimes I think you've just got to be a bit reckless - as long as you aren't going to go into massive debt and jeopordise your home or credit rating, then I think it's up to you what you spend your money on. You only live once.

Bev

Just thought I would let you know, that I DIDN'T BOOK IT!

DH was no help, he wouldn't say one way or the other.

When all said and done it will still be around £3,000 and we have only been back 3 months. We say we want to move house and lets face it, we spend a lot of time at home; so home is important. Dana is probably going to be going to a different school next year and we may move nearer there. I think we will go in August 2003, get the Villa booked now (might stop me looking at all these web sites!) and then look for some flights, hopefully some 'friends' will come with us and we can share to cost a little.

Thanks

Theresa

Theresa,

I was reading through all your agonizing and I thought you would go with what you thought was for the best.You have great holiday to look forward to in Spain soon,and lots of time to plan for next year:D

As for the worrying about a parent or families disapproval,the same happens to me and I'm 40,it is just ridiculous (jelousy I call it;) )

.........Karen...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter