RIP Paul Reubens, aka Pee Wee Herman

I was not the biggest Pee-Wee fan because I think I was just a TAD too old maybe - I dunno - a lot of my friends liked the movies at least. I did however really like Paul Ruebens as a voice actor and in other projects. A favorite movie of mine is Mystery Men, where he plays The Spleen, one of the C-List superheroes who has fart powers. Despite that description, trust me, it's a really great movie!

Paul will be missed. 😔
I like that movie. "He who balances a tack hammer on his head, has a balanced attack."

I also remember Reubens in shows like The Black List, 30 Rock, and some other movies: The Blues Brothers (played a waiter), Blow (with Johnny Depp), Batman Returns (as the Penguin's dad), and he was Lock in Nightmare Before Christmas.

Last year I rewatched Flight of the Navigator after decades (on Disney +), and learned that Reubens was the voice of the computer/ship! All that time, never knew.

Buffy's been mentioned already. Reubens' vampire character from Buffy also returned in the What We Do in the Shadows series, in a scene with other movie vampires, Danny Trejo, Tilda Swinton, Wesley Snipes (via Facetime!), and others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter