Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m OK with the system too. From a different perspective but sort of similar, you only have to be 40 inches to ride but if there is no fastpass I can’t imagine how many 3-5 year olds would be able to wait in a massive standby line. So they would just be out of luck.
Good point. I guess if there are multiple adults they can take turns watching the kids. 😬
I don’t want to watch spoilers but I feel like I need to in order to know if my almost 6 yo can handle it. He was pretty freaked out on big thunder at age 3. Do you have an opinion? How does your oldest like the ride? I’m not sure my 4 yo can do it. The only thing she’d ride at 2 was IASW

Big yikes for ROTR reliability today.
It was going so well, and then 2:00 happened 😬 It looks like it's back up now though. It seems like they'll get through the 70 primary groups, but the high hopes for backup groups has faded for sure.

Up to 70, so looks like the guaranteed groups are good at least but I was hoping for a record number of backup groups the way the morning went.

One step forward, Three steps back.

I realize this is the optimistic board, only positive thoughts. I'm more a glass half full guy, so I like to ask what if's.

What if......the reliability of this attraction does not significantly improve with time? Will people judge the ride a success if we're still talking boarding groups, backup boarding groups, and filled groups within 2 minutes of park opening, at the end of 2020? How long does Disney get a pass for advertising this ride, without mentioning the hurdles and luck involved with getting on it? Do people really think that's fair or right?

Good point. I guess if there are multiple adults they can take turns watching the kids. 😬
I don’t want to watch spoilers but I feel like I need to in order to know if my almost 6 yo can handle it. He was pretty freaked out on big thunder at age 3. Do you have an opinion? How does your oldest like the ride? I’m not sure my 4 yo can do it. The only thing she’d ride at 2 was IASW
My granddaughter was a thrill seeker, any ride, any time, each new ride was "Best ride ever"...She rode BTMRR and Space Mountain at 2.5 years. At 4.5 she was on Screamin'. My grandson on the other hand is 4. He announced mid ride on BTMRR "This was a bad decision".... Rides are too fast. He is a strange child as he loves Goofy's Sky Skool, and the swings, and hates Space and BTMRR. He tolerates MFSR. We managed to get him on Star Tours by saying it is a show. He kind of liked it. So, we will be using "It's a show" for ROTR.

My granddaughter was a thrill seeker, any ride, any time, each new ride was "Best ride ever"...She rode BTMRR and Space Mountain at 2.5 years. At 4.5 she was on Screamin'. My grandson on the other hand is 4. He announced mid ride on BTMRR "This was a bad decision".... Rides are too fast. He is a strange child as he loves Goofy's Sky Skool, and the swings, and hates Space and BTMRR. He tolerates MFSR. We managed to get him on Star Tours by saying it is a show. He kind of liked it. So, we will be using "It's a show" for ROTR.
“This was a bad decision”. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for sharing your experience with littles.

Just found a Disneyland App update today for bug fixes. I have an iPhone and am clueless about other phones...🤷🏼‍♀️ Hoping this helps rid the app of the massive glitches I’ve been experiencing for about a week (including getting the “something went wrong” notice while trying for a BG on Saturday)!

ah thanks! I’d tried to see a few days ago if there was one. Fingers crossed this does the trick for me too!

Depends on the nature of the problem.
Does failure ever happen? Definitely, look at Boeing 737 MAX...
But most of the time, if it is a corner case in the system, or a preventable accident caused by the user, for sure over time it will improve.
If it is a fundamental problem, then probably something will happen. In the history there were cases where an attraction was closed shortly (I do not remember, maybe within 2 years?) after opening.

One step forward, Three steps back.

I realize this is the optimistic board, only positive thoughts. I'm more a glass half full guy, so I like to ask what if's.

What if......the reliability of this attraction does not significantly improve with time? Will people judge the ride a success if we're still talking boarding groups, backup boarding groups, and filled groups within 2 minutes of park opening, at the end of 2020? How long does Disney get a pass for advertising this ride, without mentioning the hurdles and luck involved with getting on it? Do people really think that's fair or right?

I was a little frustrated when people say they think BG will go away. How can my sensory kids wait in that line. Your post reminded me of DAS. 🤦‍♀️ Duh! I’m sorry your son didn’t get to ride today. 😭

You do realize as long as there's a standby you can get a return time right? I've gotten multiple reutrn times for Smuggler's Run. Which ya know doesn't have a fastpass. I've actually ridden it not once but four times without once standing in the standby line. You can't get a return time for RotR since the ride has no traditional standby. My point is if your kids qualify for DAS (which I'm guessing so if they have a sensory issue) then if they had a standby you would just go get a return time instead of trying to grab a boarding group. So your kids wouldn't have to wait in line. They would just go get a return time and then once it comes up you go through the fastpass queue. Which yes that does exist.

Yes adults could trade off... but what about the little ones who want to ride? I don’t care how amazing the ride is, I think most 3-5 year old simply don’t have the capacity to wait for hours. Fast pass is key for the littles!

So my guy, who just turned 5 loves Star Wars but gets rattled by rides that are too “bumpy” (Star Tours, BTMRR). He was torn on MF:SR. He loved the whole experience but it was a touch intense for him. I haven’t gotten him back on since the one ride. I’m hoping ROTR will be good for him! We’ll see!

You do realize as long as there's a standby you can get a return time right? I've gotten multiple reutrn times for Smuggler's Run. Which ya know doesn't have a fastpass. I've actually ridden it not once but four times without once standing in the standby line. You can't get a return time for RotR since the ride has no traditional standby. My point is if your kids qualify for DAS (which I'm guessing so if they have a sensory issue) then if they had a standby you would just go get a return time instead of trying to grab a boarding group. So your kids wouldn't have to wait in line. They would just go get a return time and then once it comes up you go through the fastpass queue. Which yes that does exist.
Yes. It just “clicked” For me.

Great info in thread, thanks! Will be there in mid March, hopefully crowds, ride reliability, etc improve so we can have a good shot to ride this! So, if the published opening time is say, 9 a.m. (No MM or EMH hours), does DL ever open or begin riding rides at say 8:50 similar to WDW? This would certainly impact your timing with the app and RotR.
At DL and DCA, no - with one exception - not sure if DCA still does this - but often Soarin opens 15-30 minutes early. That is it.

I don't know why they didn't just do this from the beginning. Have an option on the app to "click for your chance to be entered into the boarding group lottery" once you scan into the park. Have it be a popup notification. Then, people who are interested can do that, and once the park opens, you get another popup letting you know if you "won" or not. It seems that would be a much smaller burden on their system and will allow for people to truly have a fair shot. Provide kiosks in the entrance plaza for people without the app.
How would they know they won without the app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter