Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone that’s been to Disney world done rider switch? Does it work the same as most rides with rider switch or do they stick you into a later boarding group?

Curious to know about parking and if they will open the DL gates earlier than usual if there is a large crowd.

Other than the possibility of not getting a BG at all, I’m most concerned about showing up early and facing a longer than expected delay at parking, security, and the gate and end up not being in the park by the time boarding group distribution starts And missing a chance to get one.

I don’t have a good feel for what it’ll be like opening day. I can imagine arriving early and facing a manageable crowd... I can also imagine arriving early and facing way bigger crowds than I expected. Hard to say.

It doesn't really explicitly say that. I'm not sure if the app will recognize entry into one or the other parks. It typically doesn't; but they may have added additional coding into the app for this. I'm just surprised as they don't require this for FP/Maxpass -- if you're single park, you can still grab the other park. (why would you true, but it's still there -- they have to make specific coding to do this otherwise).

If you only have a 1 park per day pass, then you are correct you can still see the fastapsses, but if you try to make the reservation it will stop you. The Disney ticketing system in the background is robust and I have no doubt it can handle the differentiation. They had to add the coding for ROTR boarding groups anyway, so I am sure they made the changes when they did that. In about a week everyone will have all their questions answered.

Curious to know about parking and if they will open the DL gates earlier than usual if there is a large crowd.

Other than the possibility of not getting a BG at all, I’m most concerned about showing up early and facing a longer than expected delay at parking, security, and the gate and end up not being in the park by the time boarding group distribution starts And missing a chance to get one.

I don’t have a good feel for what it’ll be like opening day. I can imagine arriving early and facing a manageable crowd... I can also imagine arriving early and facing way bigger crowds than I expected. Hard to say.
I plan to Uber to the park on opening day. Probably get there by 530am. Same as I did for Hollywood Studios. Avoid the whole parking mess that is sure to happen.

I plan to Uber to the park on opening day. Probably get there by 530am. Same as I did for Hollywood Studios. Avoid the whole parking mess that is sure to happen.
I'd further suggest getting dropped off somewhere else like on Katella and walking.

Sorry if this is a redundant question. Between trying to understand the rules at WDW and here, I'm having an info overload :)

At DL, the only way to do ROTR is to be in a boarding group? There will be no stand by line just like HS?

It doesn't really explicitly say that. I'm not sure if the app will recognize entry into one or the other parks. It typically doesn't; but they may have added additional coding into the app for this. I'm just surprised as they don't require this for FP/Maxpass -- if you're single park, you can still grab the other park. (why would you true, but it's still there -- they have to make specific coding to do this otherwise).

It actually does explicitly mention DL:
After entering Disneyland Park, you can request to join the virtual queue and will be assigned a boarding group, either with the Disneyland app or at select locations within the park.
Note that the bolding isn’t mine, it is on the original page.

In my previous comments I predict that you will be able to still get it in DCA but the more I am thinking about it, I am not so sure now. I am guessing the BG system is entirely separate from the FP system

Last edited:
It actually does explicit mention DL:

Note that the bolding isn’t mine, it is on the original page.

In my previous comments I predict that you will be able to still get it in DCA but the more I am thinking about it, I am not so sure now. I am guessing the BG system is entirely separate from the FP system
It’s interesting that they bolded that on their site. Makes me think someone there reads these forums and saw the speculation about DCA.

Thx for this. Question re Disneyland Cast Preview: are cast member allowed to bring one non cast member with them? If so, if I hang at at Small World kiosk where tickets being distributed, is it possible that a cast member who is not using their plus one on a friend may let me go in with them if I ask them nicely? How late are these previews happening on Friday? thx

Last edited:
Thx for this. Question: are cast member allowed to bring one non cast member with them? If so, if I hang at at Small World kiosk where tickets being distributed, is it possible that a cast member who is not using their plus one on a friend may let me go in with them if I ask them nicely? How late are these previews happening on Friday? thx
Wow im confused. I don't think you're on the right thread. Are you thinking of DL?

• They mentioned boarding groups and backup boarding groups but nothing about getting a FP or park ticket if your BG isn’t called like they do at DHS.
  • In fact, they specifically state “having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction” in the blog post which makes it sound like there is no recourse.

Quoting myself here but I just asked on the WDW version of this thread and there was never and still has not been any official communication that folks gets anything if their FP isn’t called. But over there if your (non-backup) BG ends up not getting called you automatically get both a FP and a one day return ticket to Hollywood Studios. Wonder if they do something similar.

^^^THIS!!! A thousand times this!
Is it really any different than if it was on FastPass? Everyone would get MaxPass and would book out the entire day in the same amount of time they book out the boarding groups.
Disney seems to actually be foregoing an extra $15/guest this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter