Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 9:50, off 10:23. Line moved continuously, no breakdowns, but ride is in an alternative mode today.
I've had this random concern over the last few days that the seeming improvements in uptime are substantially because they're working around broken things and running the ride anyway. On one hand, maybe that's not a big deal, but I personally think if two of the bigger (problematic) things aren't running, it diminishes the ride a reasonable amount. (Not that a first-timer would know the difference, but still.)

I've had this random concern over the last few days that the seeming improvements in uptime are substantially because they're working around broken things and running the ride anyway. On one hand, maybe that's not a big deal, but I personally think if two of the bigger (problematic) things aren't running, it diminishes the ride a reasonable amount. (Not that a first-timer would know the difference, but still.)
In my opinion there is only thing that if it goes down should the ride go down and them not do the work around and it’s not one of the current things happening. And I have not seen reports of them doing this at Disneyland like they have at DHS.

Iornband74, I have seen you mention a twitter feed that you are getting current info from, can you please give us a link to that feed ??

Thanks for all the great info you provide.

Iornband74, I have seen you mention a twitter feed that you are getting current info from, can you please give us a link to that feed ??

Thanks for all the great info you provide.
Hey, sorry I'm not chiming in today... traveling to chilly Chicago.

I don't have any one feed, I just check latest posts of #disneyland and #riseoftheresistance. There is always some superfluous info to filter out, but usually some random person will tweet something useful.

Here is how our morning went! Staying at BWPPI, using an iPhone Xr

6:40 - left hotel
6:44 - got to security
6:49 - in line (about even with first set of ticket booths)
7:06 - gates opened (lines surged forward and now we’re under the monorail)
7:08 - started letting people in
7:12 - in the park

(in this time we went to the bathroom, warmed up inside Mr. Lincoln, and booked our first FP to make sure we were both scanned into the park)

7:45 - went to stand outside under the Mr. Lincoln marquee
8:00 - got BG 26
9:51 - BG called with 2 hour window
10:52 - got in line
11:38 - got off ride

If you are going on a morning with early entry and you don't have early entry, get a reservation for Breakfast at Plaza Inn at least 30 minutes prior to park opening, then you will not have to deal with the lines, can have a pretty decent breakfast with a lot of characters, including some rare ones.

We did this yesterday with a 7:30 AM reservation and got Boarding Group 62 and for characters we had:
  • Minnie
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Eyeore (sp)
  • Captain Hook
  • Tigger
  • Gideon
  • Raffiki
  • Fairy Godmother (we had a great chat about Boarding Groups)
  • Pluto
I think there were a couple more characters, they just kept coming out. Really a great value, not only can you get into the park early without lines (only on days with early entry), but good food with great character interaction and lots of characters, so saves even more time in not needing to stand in line to meet the characters

On a side note, it is interesting to watch the entire park stop at park opening for about 5 minutes.

Wherever you park, make sure you arrive at least 45 minutes before that parking lot opens if you want to ensure you have enough time to make it through security and into the park before it opens.

Were you inside the restaurant when you joined the BG? Your morning sounds like a good alternative to me, I’m not sure I want my family’s first day ever at DL to start with the lines and stress.

Were you inside the restaurant when you joined the BG? Your morning sounds like a good alternative to me, I’m not sure I want my family’s first day ever at DL to start with the lines and stress.
Honestly, when we were there our first park day was a Sunday and we didn’t try to go early for the BG. We did it on all 3 tues, wed, thurs, and then didn’t again for our last day on Saturday. It was nice not to start our trip with the lines and stress! We still rode 3 times, so we were very happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter