• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I've seen in a few FAQS that if you leave DL and then immediately enter DCA within 15 minutes it can cause problems. Can anyone confirm/deny this? If so is there a proper method to do this?
We have EMH from the Grand on 2 of the days we are there, and were hoping to enter DL and then go to DCA for a bit before park opening and then try to get the boarding passes while at DCA. Is this feasible?
Yes that is true. You may have to talk to a CM manager and explain. No problem after that.

Left Tropicana at 7, through super long bag line on Harbor by 7:15ish, tried to add MaxPass onto my FlexPass with a gift card and failed miserably, the line we went into moved nicely and we were through the gates by 7:54. Bought maxpass the regular way and made a Big Thunder FP. Wandered over to RRT and got BG 33!!!
I was not on wifi tho. I flipped back over afterward.
To say I’m excited is an understatement. Everyone on here has been so helpful in my success.
Now breakfast at Red Rose Tavern then BTMRR and wait for our BG.
Wheeeeeee!EE12C8A9-9452-4009-AA8F-5570EC5C1DF3.pngEE12C8A9-9452-4009-AA8F-5570EC5C1DF3.png

I see a 10 on Twitter, so it looks like the same scheme as yesterday. Backups out at 8:25. 71 and up are backups, though...

We’re in! Boarding group 31 but as of 8:19 no groups called yet. This makes me nervous!
Don't be. Even on the best of 8:00 opening days boarding sometimes doesn't start until 8:30-8:45. If it gets past 9:00 then you can be a little nervous.

My wife got BG 70 through the BLAB Fastpass machines.

DD and I had to go link our tickets to that BG through a very helpful CM. Otherwise we would have been separated in 84 and 87.

Sheesh. Going to Disneyland should NEVER be THIS stressful.

I've heard ride CMs gently suggesting it might not open until 9am. (They're using CM speak, and my translator module is iffy.)

Considering the accuracy of my intel yesterday, please take this reconnaissance with a grain of salt.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why you muct be scanned into DL, as opposed to DCA, in order to get a boarding pass. You can make FP via MaxPass for DL without ever scanning in. I know it's a different system, but it shows they are compatible. It would be nice because that would also spread out the crowds and lines some.

I know it's the way it is and nothing I can do will change it. It would just be easier to accept if I had a valid reason why.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why you muct be scanned into DL, as opposed to DCA, in order to get a boarding pass. You can make FP via MaxPass for DL without ever scanning in. I know it's a different system, but it shows they are compatible. It would be nice because that would also spread out the crowds and lines some.

I know it's the way it is and nothing I can do will change it. It would just be easier to accept if I had a valid reason why.
So far the best reason we have been able to come up with is the chaos it would cause in the esplanade on busy days. Instead of lines reaching from one park to the other, you'd have lines coming from both parks and meeting in the middle, and the confusion it would cause. Having everyone going the same direction is still chaos, mind you, but it is chaos in one direction instead of two.

The other reasons we've heard are pretty weak (need to make sure you have access to DL if you are on a one park per day ticket, etc).

OK,
I've heard ride CMs gently suggesting it might not open until 9am. (They're using CM speak, and my translator module is iffy.)

Considering the accuracy of my intel yesterday, please take this reconnaissance with a grain of salt.
Considering that I haven't seen a BG below 10, and they are capping regular BGs at 70 today, I wouldn't be surprised if opening was delayed beyond 9am.

I see a 10 on Twitter, so it looks like the same scheme as yesterday. Backups out at 8:25. 71 and up are backups, though...

Don't be. Even on the best of 8:00 opening days boarding sometimes doesn't start until 8:30-8:45. If it gets past 9:00 then you can be a little nervous.

soooo 8:53 and no dice yet

9:09 finally I see boarding! 10-14 are first
Good luck. On days with 61 regular groups, we have not yet made it to 100 groups called. The three times it has happened they've gone from 11-86, 10-105, and 14-98. However each of those days started later than today...

This seems to be a signal that they are expecting a rough day. Hopefully it doesn't come to pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter