• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Country in April

poohma

Earning My Ears
How can River Country be closed in April.
We camped last year in April and went there almost everyday. Both of the other water parks closed because of too many people most days.
Is there any chance it will open?
We picked the 300 loop because it is close to River Country, but now are considering a loop closer to the pool.
The pool is ok but it is not River Country.

River country hours have been slowly decreasing for the past year or so, it used to be open most of the time with the exception of winter monthes, then they were only open certain days of the week, not sure what the schedule is for this year, personally i wish they would make river country the theme pool for fort wilderness, probably will never happen but it would be nice:D :D

Well I was real curious to see if it would be open in April for our upcoming trip.

Since the search isn't working and no one seems to know. I called FW. Figured they'd know right?

At first the very nice CM said I thinks it's closed permanantly, then see said no it's on rehab list.

Not scheduled to open in March and that's all the info she had.

I tried.

This is the reply I got back from Disney.

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!
At this time, River Country is not scheduled to be open during April. However,
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach will be open daily.
Since schedules are always subject to change, you might want to check as we get
closer to your arrival.

I think I need some cheering up!:( When I booked FW in January for mid-July it was because of the cabins having a separate bedroom area which suited us better with 2 teenagers and the cooking facilities. This hasn't changed.
I then discovered these boards and have learn't a great deal about FW and WDW but little by little each week there is something gone or going to be finished around WDW. I'm sure we will have a great time but hearing that river country will possibly not be open is the latest blow. I do feel that the on-site option is not as good an option as it was. Can anyone reassure me that those extra pounds ($) were worth it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter