Road trip help please.

Can I please have a POP one? The teenage newbies on our next trip would look this. TIA:worship:

These take a lot of time to make and research. If you have the time to search through pictures and written descriptions of Pop online to come up with a list for the scavenger hunt...I would be happy to make one for you. I'm super busy right now so I don't have time to do the research. As I have never stayed there...I wouldn't know what to put on the list.

Otherwise, there is a blank hotel scavenger hunt in my 4shared file in the "travel games" file and "hotel scavenger" hunt subfile.

To serve up some backseat fun on your next road trip it was mentioned in the thread to use a cookie sheet for magnet games and here is a picture of a tray full of magnetic games and drawing supplies that you can make.

famf0800tray_tray.jpg

CRAFT MATERIALS:
Baking sheet
Plain white Con-Tact paper
Magnetic tape
Dry-erase markers
Ribbon
Plain paper
Markers
Buttons
Pocket-style file folder

Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. To start, cover the cooking surface of a baking sheet with plain white Con-Tact paper to serve as a drawing board.

2. Affix pieces of magnetic tape to several dry-erase markers. For an eraser, tightly tie one end of a piece of ribbon to a small cloth square and the other end to the hole in the baking sheet handle.

3. For additional games, draw a checkerboard, simple crossword puzzles, or bingo-style scorecards of things to look for (a tractor, a sailboat, or a horse, for example) on sheets of plain paper. You can even turn buttons into game pieces by sticking magnetic tape to the backs.

4. Finally, create a handy storage place for your games by applying strips of magnetic tape to the back of a pocket-style file folder and attaching it to the back of the baking sheet.
Just have to say I LOVE THIS THREAD. Great ideas. I found cookie sheets and contact paper at the Dollar Tree today, so I'll be making these. Thanks!

Just have to say I LOVE THIS THREAD. Great ideas. I found cookie sheets and contact paper at the Dollar Tree today, so I'll be making these. Thanks!

So glad that you like the thread...I have enjoyed adding games and ideas to it! I'm making 12 travel game bags as birthday favors this week. :goodvibes

So glad that you like the thread...I have enjoyed adding games and ideas to it! I'm making 12 travel game bags as birthday favors this week. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the birthday favors, my DS 1st birthday is coming up. This would be great for his B-day party he loves Mickey Mouse Club House.

Can't wait to see the birthday favors, my DS 1st birthday is coming up. This would be great for his B-day party he loves Mickey Mouse Club House.

We are having a Cars birthday party so they are all "Cars" travel games with Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, etc. I have a few travel games with Mickey and the gang in my 4shared file in the "travel games" file. After the party, I will post a thread with pictures of all the fun things I made.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!! We are driving at Christmas from Philly to Disney with a 10 yo, 5 yo and a 17 month old. I will be busy printing and laminating for the next few months!

does anyone have a cute Christmas border. I am going to put some Christmas songs in the girls activity books so they have to stop and sing. Thinking it might break up the monotony of the books and the long drive. I am putting the words inside the border with a cute coordinating Disney Graphic.

I was thinking Frosty the snowman. Will try to find a mickey or other Disney character as a snowman for the graphic.

Rudolph the red nose reinder. either use Pluto or Eyeeore as the graphic

Maybe the 12 days of Christmas either the princess or Winnie the pooh version.

Any other kids songs you all can think of? The girls will be 8 and 4.

This thread is simply amazing, I have spent... well too much time on here today :surfweb: I have found so much good stuff. My husband and I are taking our son for his first trip in May, and I am going to have to start stocking up on ink to print all of the wonderful things I have found. :scared1:
Thanks again for everyone's hard work!!

This thread is simply amazing, I have spent... well too much time on here today :surfweb: I have found so much good stuff. My husband and I are taking our son for his first trip in May, and I am going to have to start stocking up on ink to print all of the wonderful things I have found. :scared1:
Thanks again for everyone's hard work!!

Make sure you check out the "what do you make" thread for even more ideas!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996

Just bumping in case someone may find this useful for any upcoming trips...

Stacie

This thread is amazing! SO many great ideas that I will keep handy for the airport, airplane, and if we have any emergency rainy hotel time. THANK YOU!

Thank you so much for the wonderful ideas and time that has been put into making this thread.

Went to our local craft store Hobby Lobby and in the clearance section they have tons of princess stuff mostly color kits and paper dolls. Really cute but I have a boy. Sad to see he is growing out of some of this stuff. Kinda wish there were more for older kids. We are going for star wars weekends this year and it will be our first ford trip. Anyway just wanted to give a heads up.

I live in east texas and used to live in Forney when my husband and I worked in downtown Dallas. I miss the big city life. :)

Totally off topic, but found this post searching for games/activitites to include in my daughter's packet.....where do you live? I live in Nacogdoches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter