Roads Around DL Resort?

CamColt

Are the roads around the DL resort walkable(is that a word, lol!)? Specifically Im thinking from the Red Roof Inn Maingate to Angels Stadium. I have found its about 1.57 miles away so I know we could walk it, but what are the roads like? Are they streets with sidewalks or highways where pedestrians arent allowed?
Id hate to have to take a cab for such a short ride, but if we need to, then of course we will.
Thanks for any info! :)

Katella is a major street. As far as I remember there are sidewalks all the way up katella (though I could be wrong). I'm not sure if anaheim blvd has sidewalks. On Katella you would be walking past a a major freeway and it's on and off ramps. I'm not sure if you have chilren or if you're planning on walking this way at night. I would not walk this way with a child, nor would I do this at night in the dark. This is not the best area (though there are plenty worse) and you are talking about walking on Major streets with some major intersections, the cars go speeding by, and its sometimes difficult to see pedistrians at night.

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. It will be daytime, but we will have our kids. I guess a cab is the way to go then. :)

We stayed at the Hilton Orange (across from the stadium) one trip- and I would never have walked that route. I agree that a cab would be a better way to go.

Most of the nearby streets to Disneyland have sidewalks and pedestrians abound. However, as tonight's tragic accident showed, many people have difficulty driving a reasonable speed on these streets and it can be dangerous. Almost all of the neighboring Hotels in the area have Shuttles to Disneyland and if they don't then the Anaheim Bus system has stops at the park.

Does the Anaheim bus system go to all the hotels and Angels Stadium?

We are staying at DLH when we go to DL, so getting to the parks isnt a problem. The day we disembark the Magic we are going to an Angels/Red Sox game. We decided to rent a room for the day(well, night too, but we wont stay as our flight is at 9:00pm) to leave our luggage and have a place to wash up after the game, before our flight. We got a good rate(I think) at Red Roof Inn, so thats where we are looking for a ride from to Angels Stadium.

There are 2 bus systems. One is ART and they use red trolly looking busses (Anaheim Resort Transit) and they go to most of the surrounding hotels and other areas. There is also the Orange county transit autority busses. Since there is a train station at the stadium, and the stadium itself, you shouldn't have a problem finding a bus. It just might not have the times you want.

try www.octa.net and http://www.rideart.org/

The easiest way for both of these systems is to go from DL. OCTA would be bus 430, and ART would be route H. You can buy unlimited passes for 1, 2, or 5 day buses, and ART stops at your hotel also.

The OCTA 430 line seems to run very limited hours (I'm guessing to coincide with the Metrolink train schedule), so another option is the 50 line, which runs along Katella east and west. However the closest stop to Angels Stadium is on the corner of State College Blvd and Katella so it's not nearly as convenient as 430 would be. But if you were considering a 1.57 mile walk you won't mind the couple of hundred yards from SCB. There's a McDonalds at the corner if you need a pit stop. ;)

And then there's always the cab option.

A few weeks ago I had posted a question about transportation from DLH to Angels Stadium. Someone mentioned that there used to be transportation from ESPN Zone to the stadium. Does anyone know if that is still available?

I just called the ESPN Zone, and they said that this year they are not planning to do so. They may change mid-season, though. Also, the WDTC won't be providing any type of shuttle service to the Anaheim Stadium.

That would be great if the ESPN thing does change mid season, but if not I think I got it.
I checked that 430 and it looks like it doesnt run on weekends. Ill be doing this on a Saturday.
But I also looked into the ART site and think Ive found the answer. If Im reading it right, DH and I can get 1 day passes(kids under 9 are free) for $3.00 each. If we take the H route, stop H3 says Hilton Suites Hotel, Angels Stadium, so I assume the Stadium is accessible from there. :cool1:

Thanks for all your help everyone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter