ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've found the cure for addonitis...it's ROFR! While this one hasn't been taken yet, we know it is coming. I swore off buying BLT after my last two were taken, but we saw this deal and figured we would give it a try. Others that submitted after us are hearing back, and we are hearing nothing. I'm not going to pay more than I want to spend just to make it go through. I am getting off the emails lists, stopped checking the sites, etc. Once this one is taken, Disney will have to find someone else to negotiate their deals. BTW, this was Round 5. 2 were taken by ROFR, and 2 had sellers that kept using their points after being submitted to ROFR. My VGF points will have to be enough. 8-) There's got to be a reason none of them have worked out, so I am going to stop fighting it and move on. :drive:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9
Good luck...I am so rooting for you, and I think I speak for us all when I say that :flower1:!

The broker you are using....I looked at their site a few times when looking for another resale. Their prices are extremely low when compared to other sites I've used (and never had a contract ROFR'd). And this is the one of the ones DVC recommends. I wonder what percentage of their contracts are ROFR'd as compared to other brokers. If DVC has a buyer looking for BLT, they will of course snatch up a contract at BLT that is only $100/pt because they will resell it to someone for $150/pt or whatever their list price is now. Or they will take their time with ROFR while they contact the people on their waiting list to see if they are interested....maybe the person wants a different use year and need to think about it for a week, or need to get their finances ready or something. If find it strange that they were only asking $80/pt originally for the contract. It is almost as if Vacatia WANTED DVC to take it.

I totally understand someone not wanting to pay more for something than they are willing to. I'm like that myself, except when it comes to buying DVC resale. We have offered asking price for all of our contracts except one (because there were many contracts similar to this one). I also checked out my most recent broker's website where they list the percentage of their contracts that have been "taken" and was pretty comfortable with them.

BLT is a great resort, especially with the different view categories. But depending on what time of year you want to go, availability is pretty good especially for lake view. have you considered buying at a less expensive resort that DVC is not really interested in and then do the 7 month switch?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on this. And sorry about your A/C.

Thank you. The sellers just want to unload it, so they listed it low. My broker said that they have only had ROFR exercised on 2 of their BLT contracts this year. Both were June UY, but they both had 2016 points as well as full 2017 & 2018 points. I am not married to a June UY, but that's what was available for that price. Ugh. Oh well. Like I said, moving on from BLT. Hopefully they do me the courtesy of telling me they are taking it tomorrow. It can't close until mid-July because of an owner reservation (which I was aware of all along), so if they take their time letting me know, it's just them being jerks. There's no reason to delay in letting me know as they don't need to cough up the money until mid-July.

Some of the brokers now add a clause to the contract where the seller will have to pay a certain amount (somewhere around $18-$24) per point that's redeemed after the contract is signed. That's the easiest way to avoid that being an issue. If I ever buy another resale contract (lord help me), I'll make sure that's in there. This seems to be a more and more popular scam, but attaching a price to redeeming available points easily avoids that situation.

To be clear, technically they don't "pay"; the title company simply deducts it from the seller's disbursement and refunds it to the buyer.

Yes, something similar to this was written into our contract. I didn't realize at the time the importance of it, but it seems it is becoming a necessary clause.

We just put a bid in on a OCT UY contracts at VGF....... only to find out after all the negotiations on price and received the contract to sign to find out that it was really a June UY contract and the brokers website posted the contract wrong. Grrrr, and no apology from the broker either. I can only wonder how the phone call to the seller went after agreeing to a final price.

I'm sure the broker somehow blamed the buyer (you) when he/she was talking to the seller in order to save face! :crutches:

Thank you. The sellers just want to unload it, so they listed it low. My broker said that they have only had ROFR exercised on 2 of their BLT contracts this year. Both were June UY, but they both had 2016 points as well as full 2017 & 2018 points. I am not married to a June UY, but that's what was available for that price. Ugh. Oh well. Like I said, moving on from BLT. Hopefully they do me the courtesy of telling me they are taking it tomorrow. It can't close until mid-July because of an owner reservation (which I was aware of all along), so if they take their time letting me know, it's just them being jerks. There's no reason to delay in letting me know as they don't need to cough up the money until mid-July.

After seeing this post, I went and checked that broker's website again. I was looking for their "news" page and I could not find one. As I mentioned my most recent broker...they have a news page where they list each month all their contracts that were "taken" and then do a year-to-date chart. Very informative. But you never know when DVC may have a buyer waiting in the wings for "my" perfect contract. I was really, really surprised that the OKW contract listed at the top of this page was NOT taken by DVC. I remember seeing their first post waiting for ROFR and thought "no way DVC will let this one pass by". Still, I wish you lots of magic...I think you deserve some good news. Hope you got your A/C issues fixed.

First there is no hard and fast rule about what is taken back in ROFR. While extremely low price per point may get get bought quicker, but probably not only rule simply because of restrictions for buying back points. I believe there is a max percentage DVCcan hold on fully declared resorts.

As for buying eBay, I would be very leary buying from a nonbroker. Too much work from getting through ROFR, estoppel, closing, deed recording; I would be worried to get all the pieces right through a private sale.

This was, oddly enough, a broker posting it.

I guess I was always under the (false?) impression that no matter Disney's status on points, they would always take something that was selling *way* under market value. at < 50% of going rate, if it was by some miracle to pass ROFR, it would be a steal and make it easy to convince my other half of the benefit, since the investment could be flipped at any time for double what we paid.
Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter