• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed a contract for 100 Poly points, Feb UY, all 2018 points banked into 2019 for $145pp. I’ll post a full string once it’s sent to ROFR. I’ve looked through this thread and the couple before it, as well as the various broker blogs on ROFR and can’t find a single recent Poly taken contract. Is that really true? I knew it was low, but none? Please tell me I can actually relax a bit on this one!
I recently put in an offer and passed on a very similar PVB contract at the same price per point. Passed in 19 days. I also went back on this thread back to July of last year - not a single PVB reported as being taken. There is one broker (might be DVC resale) who posts a monthly ROFR post - also going back to July of last year - no PVB taken. I think the odds of yours being take are low, but you still always worry.

Last edited:

I recently put in an offer and passes on a very similar PVB contract at the same price per point. Passed in 19 days. I also went back on this thread back to July of last year - not a single PVB reported as being taken. There is one broker (might be DVC resale) who posts a monthly ROFR post - also going back to July of last year - no PVB taken. I think the odds of yours being take are low, but you still always worry.
For this very reason we gave up on bay lake tower and decided to go with Polynesian- once this 100 points is confirmed I’ll look for one more small Polynesian contract with June use year and we should be done lol

Got the email this morning it went to Disney, on my 45th birthday! Hoping for some good luck on this add-on, and that the low PVB taken trend continues!

Rush---$145-$15701-100-PVB-Feb-0/18, 200/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 5/22

Here’s an omen for you. My second contract that was taken was also taken on my 45th birthday! My next attempt passed! Keep those fingers crossed my friend! :thumbsup2

Second try at Grand Floridian and got it through this time! Wife and I visited it on our last trip and fell in love with it. Now we’ll have years to enjoy it.

HJS33---$160-$17220-100-VGF-Apr-180/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 5/6, passed 5/21

Congratulations! That is a nicely loaded contract!

Got the email this morning it went to Disney, on my 45th birthday! Hoping for some good luck on this add-on, and that the low PVB taken trend continues!

Rush---$145-$15701-100-PVB-Feb-0/18, 200/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 5/22

Happy birthday! I think you'll be ok. One of the other brokers just listed a whole bunch of stripped Poly contracts at $139 today (even I was tempted) - they are testing the "Disney won't ROFR Poly" theory.

I'm gonna guess they'll start taking PBV within the next 9 months, right around the time the first Riviera contract hits resale.

So need some input, I’m waiting for a 100 pt pvb June use to pass ROFR and I wanted to add an additional 50-75 points. After speaking to an agent at Sellmytineshare( which I’m not sold I’d use them yet unless they have exactly what I want) I feel like I’d get better help from you guys. 1- should I stick to the same use year(June)- the gentleman made it seem like it doesn’t matter. 2- I get the buy where you don’t mind staying but all of my trips won’t be theme park trips some will be to escape the cold and since I work in the board of education office I get many little break throughout the year. So, Saratoga Springs is calling my attention for a quick gateway and to be close to Disney springs for its dining or boardwalk for the night life. Or should I just add to Polynesian and use those points at those resort. The agent just kept saying it doesn’t matter and Saratoga’s is the best bet bc of pricing yet when he said home resort reservations can be made 9 months out I figured he had no clue of what he was talking about. Sorry for the long post.

One of the other brokers just listed a whole bunch of stripped Poly contracts at $139 today (even I was tempted) - they are testing the "Disney won't ROFR Poly" theory.

What broker has those listings, kboo :confused: I looked but couldn't find them :confused3

So need some input, I’m waiting for a 100 pt pvb June use to pass ROFR and I wanted to add an additional 50-75 points. After speaking to an agent at Sellmytineshare( which I’m not sold I’d use them yet unless they have exactly what I want) I feel like I’d get better help from you guys. 1- should I stick to the same use year(June)- the gentleman made it seem like it doesn’t matter. 2- I get the buy where you don’t mind staying but all of my trips won’t be theme park trips some will be to escape the cold and since I work in the board of education office I get many little break throughout the year. So, Saratoga Springs is calling my attention for a quick gateway and to be close to Disney springs for its dining or boardwalk for the night life. Or should I just add to Polynesian and use those points at those resort. The agent just kept saying it doesn’t matter and Saratoga’s is the best bet bc of pricing yet when he said home resort reservations can be made 9 months out I figured he had no clue of what he was talking about. Sorry for the long post.

I might be wrong but if you buy separate contracts with different Use Years don’t you then have two accounts instead of tying the two together into one single account if you buy the same use year? I’m sure I heard that somewhere.

For a smaller add on like that, unless you were going to use it independently, I'd keep it in the same UY. It's just a bit easier. And if SSR is where you plan on using them I'd buy there if I found a small contract that worked. Less money up front and lower MF's. Although for a small contract like that it's not going to be a huge difference so getting a small PVB contract that you could use with the one your attempting to buy now isn't going to be that much of a monetary difference.

If you buy Poly get the same use year. It just makes it easier. If you decide to go with SSR use year doesn't matter because it will be a separate contract anyway. If you think you'll want to stay at SSR I'd just buy there and save yourself a couple thousand dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter