ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from what I hear when you use Fidelity your experience really is dependent on which agent you get. We had Bonnie Krampe and haven’t got a bad thing to say about it at all.

Also from what I hear when you use Fidelity your experience really is dependent on which agent you get. We had Bonnie Krampe and haven’t got a bad thing to say about it at all.

We also had Bonnie a few years ago for one of our contracts. I would use her again, but it’s a much different experience than with other brokers. Especially in the time after ROFR.

I'm using Bonnie as well and she's been very helpful & responsive

I'm using Bonnie as well and she's been very helpful & responsive

Me too and its made for a fantastic experience so far! Lots of communication, quick to answer questions and SO friendly which has really put me at ease being a first time DVC purchaser. Just need to get passed ROFR and will be even more magical. :)

I'm using Shaun this time. She's been great so far. we'll see what it's like after ROFR. I just remember it being slow.

The mix up with bidding on the wrong contract was with a guy that I can't remember his name. Maybe stick with the women on Fidelity? lol

What are your guys favorite sites for DVC resale? I currently have one pending ROFR from a purchase at DVC Resale Market. Just didn't know what other sites you guys suggest.
Thank you.

Personally like DVC Resale Market the best

The site is very easy to navigate and search. You can narrow your options, sort by various fields etc.

There are around 10+ other sites, which are ok. But DVC Resale for me, as a user, is by far the best presented and ease of user navigation.

Personally like DVC Resale Market the best

The site is very easy to navigate and search. You can narrow your options, sort by various fields etc.

There are around 10+ other sites, which are ok. But DVC Resale for me, as a user, is by far the best presented and ease of user navigation.
I couldn't agree more. Currently on day 40 of ROFR and they were fantastic to deal with. Super friendly, site extremely easy to navigate, and do many options for contracts ranging in various points.

IMO prices are mostly overpriced at DVC Resale Market, but the site is user friendliest and has lots of contracts listed compared to many others. We used https://www.*************.com/ on our recent purchase and so far have had a good experience... currently in ROFR. There are another half dozen sites I would consider as well. I'd generally avoid the generic timeshare entities, as many likely don't have a clue about dvc subtleties and usually poorly represent the vital details.

We also had Bonnie a few years ago for one of our contracts. I would use her again, but it’s a much different experience than with other brokers. Especially in the time after ROFR.

Our agent is also Bonnie she has been helpful and quick to reply thus far. Just a shame we weren’t told about ROFR when it came through as would have prevented any undue stress.

Just looking forward to closing and getting our first DVC vacation booked 😍

I put in a bit of a low ball offer with DVC Resale Market and the response I got was that my offer was too low and that the “wiggle room is $1-$4/point”. Their prices seem so much higher so I find that hard to believe. After their response, I don’t know that I will bid again with them. It was a turn off for sure.

I put in a bit of a low ball offer with DVC Resale Market and the response I got was that my offer was too low and that the “wiggle room is $1-$4/point”. Their prices seem so much higher so I find that hard to believe. After their response, I don’t know that I will bid again with them. It was a turn off for sure.
Tell them you would like them to present your original offer.

They could tell them that, but here is the thing, DVCresalemarket.com is very aware of their obligations to present offers when required. They also have a lot of contracts currently listed from an investor who has given instructions that they are only willing to accept offers within approximately $3. I have placed many lowball offers with them and, except the contracts where they have the seller’s instructions as to what prices they will not accept, my lowball offers were always forwarded to the sellers even when the broker didn’t think they would be accepted.

If the broker at DVC Resale market isn’t forwarding your offer because it is too low, they are likely acting at seller’s direction.

They said they presented it and it was declined and then felt the need to criticize my offer. The odd thing is that the listing is now off the site. It’s not pending, just gone. The whole experience didn’t feel great so I might look elsewhere. I’ve bought twice with Fidelity and am wrapping up a sale with them now and have had good experiences with them.

I agree that www.dvcresale.com is the easiest to navigate and has the most listings. They also have the highest prices. I made my offer through them and although they did rationalize why my Offer was low (double points, small contract) I explained my rationale and always thanked them for presenting the bid. They also did the now we have multiple offers and we might have to go best and highest, but ended up just asking if I would accept his counter to my original offer. I wasn’t set on winning the first bid I ever made, but it was the right points, with enough banked points to let me have a 1 Br next year and I recognized we were only $700 apart and it wasn’t worth waiting longer to make a February reservation.

They said they presented it and it was declined and then felt the need to criticize my offer. The odd thing is that the listing is now off the site. It’s not pending, just gone. The whole experience didn’t feel great so I might look elsewhere. I’ve bought twice with Fidelity and am wrapping up a sale with them now and have had good experiences with them.
yeah we won't use them again because of their pricing issues. We tried to get our first contract with them years ago and it was another situation where they refused to present the offer.

We're currently in ROFR on our second contract with Jamie at www.DVCStore.com. They have always been really great. Extremely responsive, if our broker is unavailable there is always someone else ready to help us.

We had a contract with Bonnie at www.FidelityResales.com that was taken back in ROFR last year. Bonnie was great, no issues. She presented my offer and the seller declined without a counter. Next day she called me back to tell me that they had reconsidered and would accept my original offer if I was still interested. I recently called to offer on another contract and talked to Shawn. She seemed very helpful, but she told me someone else had already placed an offer and she would keep my info in case it became available again. I asked if I could try to make a higher offer, and she said they would only negotiate with the first offeror until there was an acceptance/rejection/recission.

I have seen some very interesting contracts on http://*************.com, and they tend to stick around longer than at other brokers, but they haven't been the most responsive or easy to reach. It does make me wonder if the good deals are actually sticking around for days/weeks without selling, or if they just aren't updating their website as often.

That's why we have many options as buyers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter