ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard from my broker that Cammy did leave Mason.
Must have just happened, I closed with her on 5/2. But I will say she was out of the office for a few days during the process and the closing took a week longer than it really should have. It was still pretty quick. Took 21 days from passing ROFR to closing.

I was at DLR today, so I wasn’t compulsively checking my email—and @MsChristy12 is at least a few days ahead of me, so I thought it was a long-shot unless they did a huge batch process. I think we are approaching 3 weeks on our contract submission and it’s clear that the ROFR process has slowed down a bit from the contracts that were submitted in March. This is my first resale purchase and even though I know we weren’t guaranteed express turnarounds, but ::cues Tom Petty:: the wai-ai-ting is the hardest part!

I'm good!! My 3-weeks prediction/expectation is spot on!!! Passed today!!! Woot woot!!😁🍾🥂🎉🥳🥳 I Will post the string soon! I believe yours will pass very soon too!!

I'm currently 35000 feet in the air ✈️ home from a girls weekend...guess what popped into my inbox?! "Congratulations: Disney Vacation Club has waived the Right of First Refusal...." On our way to becoming first time DVC members!!!

Thank you Delta for having amazing free wifi!!! 💯👍🏼 I must admit...getting good news 35K feet in the air is a different high and excitement!!! So thrilled!!!😁🥳🍾🍾🥂

We passed ROFR 3/16 and didn’t get closing docs until 4/13 with https://magicvacationtitle.com/. I was beyond frustrated that it took that long
Very similar experience. I passed ROFR on 4/4, received closing docs on 5/5. It was painful to wait.

I am a bit ahead of you but hoping for the same. We sent ours in on 4/25

We are on day 20, hopefully this is the week we hear, sent on 4/18.
I'm at day 33 with no notice yet. ROFR really is dragging this one out.
Finally I heard back :banana:

Cyberc1978---$81-$15006-160-SSR-Jun-0/22, 272/23, 160/24- sent 4/5, passed 5/8
Mine was submitted 4/6, maybe I'll be lucky and hear back today or tomorrow.

MsChristy12---$95-$18390-170-BRV@WL-Apr-0/22, 170/23, 170/24, 170/25- sent 4/17, passed 5/8

We are thrilled!!:cool1:

I have shared bits of pieces of our experience before, but will share it again. We had a slight rough start with our first couple if offers. The "turnaround" point for us was when I realized if we really want the contract that is absolutely right for us, we have to be willing to up our price a little. If we don't mind compromising on points or the UY then we would have waited a little longer for a "better deal", but I realized no I don't want that. I made a better spreadsheet with equations to plug in #s and $$ so it's easier for me to see the grand total / variances, in case I needed to negotiate who pays what (seller vs buyer). That also allowed me to see the threshold where I needed to cut off and move on to the next listing. I increased our offers by about $5 pp and eventually scored this one here after a couple of back and forth negotiations. April UY is already hard to come by, and it's the exact amount of points I want, can't be more perfect 😍 So for those who are still looking, don't give up and perhaps change up your strategies a little bit to get your very own unicorn contract!

And Hello to my fellow BRV neighbors!:wave2:

... I made a better spreadsheet with equations to plug in #s and $$ so it's easier for me to see the grand total / variances, in case I needed to negotiate who pays what (seller vs buyer). That also allowed me to see the threshold where I needed to cut off and move on to the next listing.

I absolutely think a good spreadsheet is key when comparing multiple listings and making offers. Helps keep track of what you've already bid, what the counter-offers were, whether you've already bid on a listing, etc.

Awesome contract!

MsChristy12---$95-$18390-170-BRV@WL-Apr-0/22, 170/23, 170/24, 170/25- sent 4/17, passed 5/8

We are thrilled!!:cool1:

I have shared bits of pieces of our experience before, but will share it again. We had a slight rough start with our first couple if offers. The "turnaround" point for us was when I realized if we really want the contract that is absolutely right for us, we have to be willing to up our price a little. If we don't mind compromising on points or the UY then we would have waited a little longer for a "better deal", but I realized no I don't want that. I made a better spreadsheet with equations to plug in #s and $$ so it's easier for me to see the grand total / variances, in case I needed to negotiate who pays what (seller vs buyer). That also allowed me to see the threshold where I needed to cut off and move on to the next listing. I increased our offers by about $5 pp and eventually scored this one here after a couple of back and forth negotiations. April UY is already hard to come by, and it's the exact amount of points I want, can't be more perfect 😍 So for those who are still looking, don't give up and perhaps change up your strategies a little bit to get your very own unicorn contract!

And Hello to my fellow BRV neighbors!:wave2:
Hoping to join you as a neighbor soon! Excellent idea with the spreadsheet- when making offers it's SO hard to keep track! I was looking for an April UY as well- so hard to come by!

I absolutely think a good spreadsheet is key when comparing multiple listings and making offers. Helps keep track of what you've already bid, what the counter-offers were, whether you've already bid on a listing, etc.
Absolutely! It made the decision making when we should move on a lot more clear! My mind became more in line w/ our goal instead of letting my emotion take over. I also changed up my offers $$ a little bit here and there, based on it's a loaded contract or stripped, and how long the contract has been on the market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter