• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Well I submitted an offer on an AKL contract. It was the same UY as our PVB contract and I think I lowballed a little so we will see what happens.
Good luck, easily Our favorite resort. Still holding out owning here until a direct blowout sale but one day maybe 🤞

Question. Why is this ROFR thread only for three months? Is there some change happening after June?

What's the estoppel fee? Is that just the goofy charge-for-nothing that Fidelity adds on because they can?
No, the Estoppel fee is from Disney, usually paid by Seller. Fidelity's random $225 fee to Buyers is what they call a Service Fee, they also have a term in their contract stating if Buyer cancels they lose their Deposit AND owe the full commission to Fidelity. A rather one-sided contract that adds "costs" which are invisible to Buyers until they go to sign the contract.

No, the Estoppel fee is from Disney, usually paid by Seller. Fidelity's random $225 fee to Buyers is what they call a Service Fee, they also have a term in their contract stating if Buyer cancels they lose their Deposit AND owe the full commission to Fidelity. A rather one-sided contract that adds "costs" which are invisible to Buyers until they go to sign the contract.
Also applies if a buyer exercises florida's 10-day grace period to cancel a timeshare contract?

Also applies if a buyer exercises florida's 10-day grace period to cancel a timeshare contract?
I believe the Buyer can still cancel within that 10 day period without penalty. Pretty sure the penalties www.fidelityrealestate.com added to the contract (that Buyer would lose deposit AND pay commission) apply after that. Collection, as some pointed out, is a different matter - but it's important to read the details of every Purchase Contract since there is no industry standard.

If seller is paying closing…what is the $757 for?

Your total out of pocket is $8K ?
It depends on the broker used and terms of the contract. Some brokers ( Fidelity) have an admin fee that is included in closing price. Also estoppel fee. So closing is different with each contract. The only thing constant is what Disney charges to close.

Would a baron be above or below a tycoon? For me personally, being a tycoon means you can blow 200 points a night on a bungalow (or grand villa) for a few days without making too many sacrifices on the rest of your DVC trips… so maybe not a fixed number, but probably 1000-2000 points depending on how often the owner likes to travel…anybody over 2000 points is a tycoon in my book, but for me personally being a tycoon is always about 600 points more than I presently have. 🤣
& I'm just a measly DVC- Viscount :crazy:
(I've always liked that title, since the first time I saw Phantom of the Opera) :)

The tool on this site asks you to include closing costs when you submit, regardless of who pays them.
Woo wee lots of questions, I'm not sure of the answer too. I'm a newbie LOL.

The $757 is the closing costs that the seller will cover. My cost is just the $8,000. I may have done the form incorrectly. I will also owe prorated dues on the 7 points remaining for 2024.

Woo wee lots of questions, I'm not sure of the answer too. I'm a newbie LOL.

The $757 is the closing costs that the seller will cover. My cost is just the $8,000. I may have done the form incorrectly. I will also owe prorated dues on the 7 points remaining for 2024.
You did the form correctly, I was explaining to the others why they were confused by what you (correctly) did.

You did the form correctly, I was explaining to the others why they were confused by what you (correctly) did.
The tool on this site asks you to include closing costs when you submit, regardless of who pays them.

This is incorrect, the data string should only include the total cost to the buyer at closing. That's what allows an apples to apples comparison of all these different sales.

@teetee830 it sounds like your cost was $8,000 plus whatever prorated dues you paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter